This easy New Years Eve Haystacks recipe – with chow mein noodles and peanuts – is a sparkling and shimmering treat to enjoy while you wait for the clock to strike midnight!
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. If you use our links, and then make a purchase, we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Click here to read our full disclosure policy.
One of the most popular holiday treats is Haystacks. Some people consider them a candy, but others say that they are a no-bake cookie. But, either way: they are delicious!! They are also crazy easy to make, which makes them ideal for the busy holiday season.
With these treat being so easy to make, why should Christmas get all the fun? We’re sharing a fun twist on traditional Christmas Haystacks by adding some sparkle and shimmer to make these New Years Eve Haystacks. These treats will look gorgeous on your buffet table or even just on a plate while you get all cozy waiting for the clock to strike midnight.
To make these New Years Eve Haystacks, you’ll need:
- chow mein noodles
- cocktail peanuts
- Wilton Bright White Candy Melts
- Wilton Light Cocoa Candy Melts
- Wilton Color Mist — in silver and/or gold
- Gold & Silver Sugar Crystals & Ball Sprinkles
- Wilton Gold Star Sprinkles
Start making your New Years Eve Haystacks recipe by gently combine together the cocktail peanuts and chow mein noodles in a mixing bowl.
In a Wilton Candy Melting Pot or double boiler, melt the Wilton White Chocolate Candy Melts over low/medium heat, stirring occasionally. When completely melted, remove from heat and allow to cool for about 1 minute. Pour the melted white chocolate on top of the peanuts and noodles and gently toss to coat them completely.
Scoop the mixture into small “haystacks” (mounds) on a parchment-lined baking sheet. We find this easiest to do with the use of two soup spoons — one to scoop the mixture and another to help slide the mixture onto the baking sheet. Ensure that all the noodles and peanuts are touching – if a peanut or noodle falls away from the mixture, just push or place it back so it’s touching the haystack.
Lightly spray each haystack with the Wilton Color Mist Sprays in gold or silver.
In a small microwave bowl, microwave the Wilton Cocoa Candy Melts for about 45 seconds (can vary based on your microwave). Stir until completely melted and smooth. With a small spoon, drizzle the melted chocolate on top of each haystack. Immediately sprinkle each New Years Eve Haystack decorations such as gold or silver candy balls, sugar sprinkles, and gold star sprinkles.
These treats look great on a dessert table at a New Year Eve party, but they are just as perfect for a quiet New Years Eve at home. Treat yourself while you wait for the clock to strike midnight!
New Years Eve Haystacks
Here is the full recipe, ready for you to print! Not ready to make this New Years Eve treat yet? Be sure to save it to your New Years Pinterest board or share on Facebook for safe keeping. Enjoy!Print
New Years Eve Haystacks Recipe
- Yield: 12
1 1/2 cups chow mein noodles
1 cup cocktail peanuts
12 oz bag Wilton bright white candy melts
2/3 cup Wilton light cocoa candy melts
Gold sugar crystals
Silver sugar crystals
Gold ball sprinkles
Silver ball sprinkles
Gold star sprinkles
- Line a large baking pan with wax or parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the peanuts and noodles to a mixing bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a Wilton candy melting pot or double boiler, melt the white chocolate candy melts over low/medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 1 minute.
- Pour the melted white chocolate on top of the peanuts and noodles and gently toss to coat completely.
- Using a tablespoon or cookie scoop, transfer the mixture onto the lined cookie sheet in the shape of “haystacks.” Lightly spray each haystack with the Wilton gold or silver metallic sprays (your choice).
- In a small microwave bowl, microwave the cocoa candy melts for 45 seconds. Stir until completely melted and smooth. Drizzle the melted chocolate on top of each haystack.
- Immediately sprinkle with gold or silver candy balls and golden star sprinkles.
Store the haystacks in a single layer in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.