If you love toasted marshmallows, then you’ll love this Easy Toasted Marshmallow Ice Cream recipe. This food hack combines vanilla ice cream with a bag of marshmallows to create something magical.
- 10 ounces marshmallows (regular size)
- 1½ – 1¾ quarts vanilla ice cream
- Set ice cream out on kitchen counter to allow it to soften.
- Lay marshmallows, on their side, on a baking sheet. Broil the marshmallows as close to the flame as possible, until toasted. Don’t walk away! It will only take 30 seconds or so to get them toasted. Keep checking and remove as soon as they are as toasted as you like. Remove pan from broiler and gently flip over each marshmallow to expose the un-toasted side. Return to broiler to repeat previous steps.
- Add half of the ice cream to a food processor or blender. Add toasted marshmallows on top of the ice cream. Process ice cream and marshmallows together until mixture is as smooth as possible (you may have small pieces of marshmallow remaining).
- Add remaining ice cream to food processor or blender and blend together with the mixture until smooth and combined. NOTE: if your food processor or blender is a smaller capacity that won’t hold all of the ice cream, process in batches and combine all the batches in a separate large bowl.
- Pour or scoop ice cream back into original ice cream container or another freezer-safe food storage container. Return to freezer and re-freeze.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Freezer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy recipe, vanilla ice cream, 2 ingredients, summer, smores,