Here’s an easy Halloween party foods idea: Eyeball Pinwheels recipe! They give the creepy look of bloodshot eyeballs and are especially fun when served on jack-o-lantern napkins.
- 2 ounces packages cream cheese (softened, 8 each)
- 1 ounce packet ranch dressing mix (dry, 1)
- 10 flour tortillas (burrito size)
- 2 ounces cans large black olives (6 each, but you won’t need all of the 2nd can)
- slices Thinly sliced ham (approximately 20-40 – depends on how much you wish to use and how large your slices are)
- Partial jar of roasted red bell pepper
- Beat together softened cream cheese and packet of dry ranch dressing mix, just until blended.
- Lay tortilla on your work surface and cut off a bit of two opposite sides so the cuts are parallel to each other to give the tortilla more of a rectangle shape.
- Spread some of the cream cheese mixture on top of the tortilla.
- Lay a line of large black olives (about 6, but can vary) near one of the uncut edges. Ensure that the olives are laying end to end. Lay 2 slices of ham near the middle of the tortilla, overlapping if necessary.
- Carefully roll the uncut tortilla edge over the olives, make sure to not shift the olives. Roll as tightly as possible without damaging the tortilla. Continue to roll the tortilla over the ham and until the tortilla is completely rolled up. Set aside and continue with remaining tortillas.
- Wrap each rolled tortilla in plastic wrap individually and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, up to overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator and unwrap one of the rolled tortillas. With a sharp knife, slice pinwheels off the roll tortilla, about 1/3 – 1/2″ thick.
- Slice several thin, small pieces of roasted red bell pepper. Fold a sliver of bell pepper in half and insert it, fold side up into the holes in your olives in the middle of your pinwheels. If an olive appears to have no hole (such as it’s the bottom of the olive), flip the pinwheel over and usually the other side has a hole or area which will be filled.
- Place on a plate or serving tray to serve.
- Category: Appetizers
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 7 ingredients, creepy halloween food, halloween eyeballs, party pinwheels,