Here’s an easy Halloween party foods idea: Eyeball Pinwheels recipe! They give the creepy look of bloodshot eyeballs and are especially fun when served on jack-o-lantern napkins.
To make your Eyeball Pinwheels recipe, you’ll start off by beating together two softened bricks of cream cheese and 1 packet of dry ranch dressing mix.
Lay a tortilla out on your work surface and cut off a bit of two opposite sides so the cuts are parallel to each other. This will give you more a rectangle shape rather than a circle.
TIP: Flatout Bread also works great for these pinwheels and they are already rectangle shaped!
Spread some of the cream cheese mixture on top of the tortilla.
Near one of the edges (uncut edge), lay a line of large black olives. Make sure they are laying end to end. Lay a few slices of thinly sliced ham near the middle of the tortilla.
Carefully roll the tortilla edge over the olives, make sure to not shift the olives. Do this as tightly as you can without damaging the tortilla. Continue to roll the tortilla all the way up.
After you are done rolling the tortilla, you will have a tightly rolled tortilla. Set on a plate and continue with the rest of your tortillas.
When all the tortillas are rolled, wrap each rolled tortilla in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, but overnight is great too.
After refrigerating, they are ready to cut into pieces. With a sharp knife, slice pinwheels off the rolled tortilla. As you cut, you should be seeing little holes in your olives. If you slice a pinwheel and the olive appears to have no hole (such as it’s the bottom of the olive), just flip the pinwheel over and usually, the other side has a hole or area which will be used in the next step.
That’s it! Once you are done with all your Eyeball Pinwheels you can stack them on a serving tray or plate for your Halloween Party.
OR, if you want to serve them in a really fun way, place two eyeball pinwheels directly on top of pumpkin or jack-o-lantern napkin to give it the look of eyes!
I regularly see jack-o-lantern napkins in stores during Halloween time (check Target – I saw some there for just $1). If you can’t find any, or don’t want to hunt for them, I found some cute Halloween jack-0-lantern napkins on Amazon (affiliate link):
Easy Halloween Party Foods:
Eyeball Pinwheels Recipe
I like my Eyeball Pinwheels and all, but no Halloween Party was built on pinwheels alone! Here is a huge list of great Halloween party foods that I know you are going to love.
- Shrunken Heads in Cider – Girlichef
- Candy Corn Martini – The Messy Baker Blog
- Trick-or-Treat Wine Pairings for Halloween – ENOFYLZ
- Steak Bites with Bloody Mary Dipping Sauce – I Run for Wine
- Eggs in Purgatory – My Catholic Kitchen
- Mini Jack-o’-Lantern Sloppy Joe Pies – Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Baked Mummy Cheese Dogs – In the Kitchen with KP
- Meat Head – Ruffles & Truffles
- Goblin Eggs – Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Mummy Hot Dogs – Damn Delicious
- Spooky Kid Pizzas – Sustainable Dad
- Pumpkin Chili, Pumpkin Dip, & Wicken Witch’s Brew – Daddy Knows Less
- Monster Mash – Cindy’s Recipes & Writings
- Sloppy Worm Sandwiches – La Cocina de Leslie
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Biscoff Cream – The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Spooky Ogre Eye Cookies – The Realistic Nutritionist
- Jack O’ Lantern Cookies – Magnolia Days
- Spooky Good Popcorn Snack Mix – The Weekend Gourment
- White Chocolate & Coconut Dipped Strawberry Ghosts – Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Monster Bites – Cravings of a Lunatic
- Vegan Halloween Sugar Cookies – Hezzi-D’s Books & Cooks
- Monster Cookies – Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Tunnel of Doom Cake – That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Candy-Stuffed Rice Crispy Treat Pumpkins – Chocolate Moosey
- Crispy Graham Bones – The Meltaways
- Dulce de Leche Bat Cookies – Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Witch’s Fingers – Noshing with The Nolands
- Sweet Intestines with Broken Glass – The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Graveyard Brownies – The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Boo Candy Corn & Chocolate Chip Cookies – Hip Foodie Mom
- Bleeding Devil Cakes – Momma’s Meals
- Pumpkin Halloween Munch – Big Bear’s Wife
- Halloween Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Cake Pops – Juanita’s Cocina
- Jack-O-Lantern Carrot Cake – Galactosemia in PDX
- Ghostly Chocolate Orange Tarts – Happy Baking Days
- Messy Monster Cookies – MarocMama
- Halloween Popcorn Cake – Pippis in the Kitchen Again
- Witches Morning Gruel – In the Kitchen with Audrey
- White Chocolate & Dulce de Leche Ghosts – Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Peanut Butter Candy Bar Cookies – The Cookie A Day Challenge
- Monster Cookie Revel Bars – Baker Street
- Halloween Cereal Bars – Basic N Delicious
- Ossi di Morti (Bones of the Dead Cookies) – Webicurean
- Pumpkin Pie Pinwheels – Midlife Road Trip