Easy Frito Bowls with Meat Sauce is an easy dinner that’s great for family dinners or when you have a crowd to feed. With only a few ingredients, plus your favorite toppings to choose from, it’s a crowd pleaser.
- 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 29 oz can tomato puree
- 24 oz chunky salsa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- Corn Chips (like Fritos)
- Optional Toppings: shredded cheese, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, sour cream, salsa, avocado, guacamole, sliced jalapenos, etc.
- In pot, cook ground beef or turkey until done; drain if necessary.
- Add salsa and tomato puree to the meat. Allow to simmer on low-medium heat until thoroughly heated, approximately 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In individual bowls, each person places a large handful of corn chips. Top the corn chips with a spoonful or two of the meat mixture, and then with desired toppings.
–This recipe makes approximately 6 cups of meat sauce. An average serving is about 1 cup of meat sauce to a handful (or so) of corn chips. This varies though as some people may prefer more sauce.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 6 ingredients, frito pie, one pot meals, quick dinner recipe,