One of my family’s favorite holiday treats is Graham Cracker Toffee. I’m always happy to make it each year…especially considering how very simple it is
- Graham crackers (depends on size of baking sheet, I used 14)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup nuts (I use walnuts or almonds usually, sliced or chopped)
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. Lay graham crackers in a single layer on baking sheet.
- In a heavy bottomed pot, place butter and brown sugar. Heat over medium-high heat, stir frequently while ingredients melt together. Heat to boiling and boil for 3 minutes while stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Carefully pour all of the hot butter/sugar mixture over graham crackers. Spread mixture evenly on top of the graham crackers until all areas of graham cracker have been covered by the mixture. Place in oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips. Allow chocolate chips to sit on top of the hot graham crackers for about 3-5 minutes so that they can melt. Spread the melted chocolate chips evenly on top of the graham crackers. Sprinkle with nuts before chocolate sets.
- When completely cooled, break into irregular pieces. Place on plate for serving.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 5 ingredients,