- 6 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 brown sugar (packed)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Spread oats on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Place 4 cups of toasted oats, the brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a food processor. Pulse until the mixture is a rough powder. Pour into a storage container of your choice and add remaining toasted oats. Mix well. Add a label to container, if you wish, that gives instructions below:
- To make a bowl of oatmeal, mix 1/2 cup of oats with 1 to 1 1/2 cups boiling water in a bowl. Cover bowl with a plate and allow to site for 5 minutes. Stir and top with fruit or nuts, if you wish. Serve.
–Will keep for about 4 weeks in airtight container in your cupboard
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 3 ingredients,