- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup Clear American Flavored Sparkling Water (any flavor – available at Walmart)
- Candies or Nonpareil cake decorations (optional)
- Food coloring
- Lollipop sticks
- Transparent Cellophane or Clear Treat Bags
- Fabric Strips (Ribbon, or Twist Ties)
- Mini Muffin Tin (or hard candy molds if you have them)
- In a heavy bottomed pot, combine sugar, light corn syrup, and flavored water. Heat mixture over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar is complete dissolved (2-3 minutes). Clip candy thermometer to inside of pot and stop stirring. Allow mixture to heat (with NO stirring) until mixture reaches 300 degrees F, also known as the hard crack stage.
- While sugar mixture is heating, grease the inside of each mini muffin tin. If you wish, sprinkle the bottom of each muffin tin with nonpareil decorations or lay candy in the bottoms.
- When sugar mixture has reached 300 degrees, turn heat off immediately, and remove pan from burner. Add food coloring and stir it in to achieve the color you wish.
- Carefully spoon hot sugar mixture into greased mini muffin tins – a 2-3 teaspoons in each is good, however you can add as little or as much as you wish.
- Place lollipop sticks into the middle of each muffin tin. Allow sticks to rest on edge of tin (without standing upright) if they won’t stand yet. Keep close watch and as mixture cools and thickens, attempt to stand the sticks upright in the middle.
- When mixture is fully cooled and hardened, removed from muffin tin.
- Wrap each lollipop with a treat bag or a square piece of cellophane. Keep bag or cellophane closed and secure with a strip of fabric, ribbon, or a twist tie.