Here’s how to freeze pancakes for a quick and easy breakfast any day of the week.
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Walmart. This post contains compensated affiliate links.
For many of you, I know that back-to-school time is one of the busiest times of the year. I also know that a quick and easy breakfast during busy weekday mornings is important.
There is lots of options out there, but some of them can get quite expensive — such as drive-thru restaurants. Cereal is a great fast breakfast option and so is instant oatmeal. But our kids love pancakes, but it’s not practical in our home for them to be made from scratch every morning. So, many times I make up a homemade pancake mix in advance or we use an inexpensive pre-made pancake mix from the grocery store.
Using pancake mix is fast, but I still want to be out of the kitchen even FASTER. My method is to make up an entire package of pancake mix so I can freeze the pancakes. I figure, why dirty up the dishes for just one batch? I might as well make the whole box and then this way, the kids can pull them out of the freezer and heat them up in no time. Quick and easy — and it’s a cheap breakfast idea too.
How to Freeze Pancakes:
1. Prepare the pancake batter according to the directions on the pancake mix.
2. Make your pancakes as directed on the box of pancake mix. Allow pancakes to cool completely on a plate or cooling rack.
3. Line a baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper. Lay pancakes on the paper, without edges touching. After sheet is filled, you can lay with another sheet of wax paper or parchment paper, and fill another layer. Repeat with additional layers.
4. Place baking sheet of pancakes in the freezer and freeze until pancakes are firm.
5. Remove baking sheet from freezer and place pancakes in a zipper style freezer bag. Date the bag with today’s date. Use within 2 months.
To reheat frozen pancakes: Remove a few from the bag and place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave for about 1 minute or until as hot as you like.
Need a DIY pancake mix?
Visit our post on how to make your own easy & inexpensive homemade pancake mix:
Want some super fun pancakes?
Try our Root Beer Float Pancakes Recipe – you can freeze these too!
Want more summer breakfast ideas and tips? Check out this video with Erin of 5DollarDinners.com