This Lemon Petits Fours recipe makes the sweetest little lemon cakes with a lemon sugar glaze. A perfect dessert to enjoy after a lovely Easter dinner, on Mother’s Day, or for showers or tea parties.
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 egg whites
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- Yellow Food Coloring
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour Noric Ware Petits Fours pan or mini muffin tin.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until well blended. Beat in extract. Beat in 1/2 of the flour and 1/2 of the milk. Repeat with remaining flour and milk, one at a time.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff, but not dry. Fold egg whites into batter.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of batter into each petits fours cup or each mini muffin tin cup; set remaining batter aside. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle of one comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan to cooling racks that are set on a baking sheet or on top of wax paper to finish cooling. Repeat with remaining batter.
- With petits fours still on cooling rack, apply the sugar glaze (see instructions below). This can be done by either spooning glaze over the tops of the petits fours or by dipping the tops and sides into the glaze, allowing excess to drip off.
- In a large bowl, combine powdered sugar with milk until smooth. Mixture should be thick, but thin enough to pour. If too thin, add more sugar. If too thick, add more milk. Stir in extract and tint with food color.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 10 ingredients, easter cookie, mother's day, nordic ware,