This Lemon Petits Fours recipe makes the sweetest little lemon cakes with a lemon sugar glaze. A perfect dessert to enjoy after a lovely Easter dinner, on Mother’s Day, or for showers or tea parties.
Disclosure: this post contains compensated affiliate links that help to support the work on this blog
It was meant to be.
During Easter, I saw the Nordic Ware Petits Fours, Baking Pan. It’s the same one they sell regularly, but this one had Easter labeling. The price was a bit over $20 and while I figured this cast aluminum baking pan was well worth the price, it was a bit more than I could spend at the time.
So, I waited.
I figured that if I could find it after Easter when it would be on clearance, then it was meant to be. As soon as prices went to 75% off I looked for it and was disappointed. It was nowhere to be found in the Easter clearance. As I headed to the registers with my other purchases and an idea struck me. I decided to duck down the kitchen cookware aisle to see if maybe, just maybe, one of the employees had returned the Nordic Ware Easter Petit Fours pan to the area with the other usual, non-seasonal Nordic Ware items. Sure enough, I found one. There is sat, looking at me and saying “come take me home”.
I gave it a quick scan on a price checker to make sure it was on clearance and sure enough, it was. Just over $6 and it was mine. I took it home and have been eager to use it ever since.
With spring comes lots of great occasions for making petit fours: Easter, Mother’s Day, baby showers, bridal showers, and tea parties. These little cakes with a sugar glaze are an elegant dessert after a lovely dinner with her family or served during a party.
I particularly like petits fours because of their size. Rather than indulging in a big piece of cake, I can have a couple of delicate petits fours and feel like I’m a getting just as much of a treat.
While I used the Nordic Ware Petits Fours Baking Pan, you can use a mini muffin tin, if you prefer. After the cakes are baked, you will add the sugar glaze. I do this by dipping the tops and sides directly into the glaze and then allowing the excess to drip off. If necessary, you can spoon a bit of extra glaze over the tops.
Lemon Petit Fours RecipePrint
Recipe adapted from Nordic Ware packaging
My fellow #SundaySupper food bloggers are also contributing amazing recipes for that are perfect for Mother’s Day. You can get all the links before — be sure to check them out, they’d love to have you visit:
Mother’s Day Brunch
- Blueberry Coffee Cake from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Cornbread Pancakes with Blackberries from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Crepes from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Hot N Sweet Mango Chutney from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Lemon Glazed Raspberry Scones from Juanita’s Cocina
- Quiche Lorraine from Supper for a Steal
- Seafood Quiche from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Strawberry Rhubarb Compote from Noshing with the Nolands
- Sweet French Breakfast Crepes from Curious Cuisiniere
- Vidalia Onion Quiche from Comfy Cuisine
Mother’s Day Entrees
- Cod with Stewed Tomatoes from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Grilled Vegetable Sandwiches with Herbed Goat Cheesefrom Foxes Love Lemons
- Lemon Risotto from Healthy. Delicious.
- Lobster Ravioli with Shrimp Caper Sauce from Family Foodie
- Pork dumpling (Shumai) from The Urban Mrs.
Mother’s Day Sides
- Spaetzle from Magnolia Days
Mother’s Day Desserts and Drinks
- Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls from Gotta Get Baked
- Chocolate Kahlua Cream Pie from Ruffles & Truffles
- Espresso Brownies from What Smells So Good?
- Fresh Blackberry Elderflower Sorbet from Shockingly Delicious
- Fresh Fig and Walnut Pie from Vintage Kitchen
- Gluten Free Coconut Cake with Chocolate Ganache, Berries, and Fresh Whipped Cream fromNeighborfood
- Lavender Shortbread Cookies from girlichef
- Lemon Meringue Pie from Pies and Plots
- Lemon Petit Fours from Home Cooking Memories
- Lemon Sorbet in Prosecco from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Milky Way Brownies from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mini Coconut Pies from La Cocina de Leslie
- Mini Strawberry and Cheese Pies from Basic N Delicious
- Mom’s Apple Crisp from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Mom’s Texas Sheetcake from Daily Dish Recipes
- Raspberry and Hazlenut Friands from Happy Baking Days
- Semolina Balls (Suji Laddoo) from Soni’s Food
- Too-Good-to-Be-Lowfat Chocolate Eclair Icebox Dessert from The Weekend Gourmet