This Easy Mexican Lasagna recipe is one of our family favorites! It’s an easy dinner casserole that is perfect for anyone who loves both Mexican and Italian flavors.
- 1 pound lasagna noodles (cooked according to package directions)
- 2 pounds ground beef or turkey
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 taco seasoning packets (1 1/4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 jars pasta sauce (26 ounces each)
- 2 cans cans diced green chilies (4 ounces each, drained)
- 1 cup olives (reserve some for top of lasagna, if you wish, sliced)
- 1 pound Cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Optional toppings: sour cream, avocado, guacamole, salsa, jalapeno
- Spray a 13×9″ baking dish with cooking spray. Preheat over to 350 degrees F.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, brown meat and onion. Drain fat. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Stir in pasta sauce, chilies, and most of olives. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Spread approximately 3/4 cup of sauce on the bottom of the baking dish. Top with a layer of lasagna noodles, overlapping slightly if necessary (I use about 4 lasagna noodles per layer). Top noodles with more sauce and then cheese. Repeat layers until noodles, sauce, and cheese are used — cheese should be the top/last layer.
- Garnish with remaining sliced olives. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Category: Casserole
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: cinco de mayo, ground turkey, ground beef, 8 ingredients, taco seasonings, cheddar cheese, lasagna noodles mexican recpice,