This Easy Mexican Lasagna recipe is one of our family favorites! It’s an easy dinner casserole that is perfect for anyone who loves both Mexican and Italian flavors.
Many years ago, I found a recipe on the side of a box of Creamette Lasagna for Mexican Lasagna. I loved just about any dinner that had a mexican-ish style to it and since it looked so easy, I decided to give it a try. I made the dinner that night and it was a hit with the family.
Since the recipe was a clear keeper in our house, I clipped the Creamette Mexican Lasagna recipe off the side of the box and I tucked it away in a recipe box.
It wasn’t long before I thought about making that Mexican Lasagna again. I searched for my recipe box and couldn’t find it anywhere. It’s like it had vanished. How does a whole recipe box disappear? I was frustrated, but even more than that, it made me crave that Mexican Lasagna recipe more! I tried to remember how to make it and even though the ingredients are simple, I couldn’t remember.
I did some internet searches back then — it was about 2000-2007 — and while I found other Mexican Lasagna recipes, they weren’t the one I was looking for. Many were more lasagna like, but with tortillas instead of noodles. The one I wanted was more like a layered enchilada casserole, with lasagna noodles. My searches never turned up the right recipe.
But in 2007, I finally found the recipe box. It has been packed up box during a move – a box that we never really unpacked after our move. At long last, I was reunited with my old clipped recipe and I made it again. And it’s been made several more times since, becoming one of our favorite casseroles.
Here’s how I make our Mexican Lasagna recipe. It’s pretty much exactly the way it was listed on the box of Creamette Lasagna noodles, except I double it to make more (you could half it if you are feeding a small family).Print
Want more delicious and comforting casserole recipes?
On the 12th of every month, 11 of my blogging friends and I all create recipes around a common theme — all of the recipes have 12 ingredients or less too. This months theme is Casserole Recipes — check out the links below to get all of their recipes:
- Chicken and Broccoli Casserole by Big Bear’s Wife
- Cheesy Sausage and Roasted Vegetable Casserole by Betsy Life
- Mexican Lasagna by Home Cooking Memories
- Lemon Orzo Shrimp Bake by Cooking on the Front Burners
- King Ranch Casserole by Love Bakes Good Cakes
- Sweet Potato Enchilada Casserole by A Million Moments
- Bacon, Beef & Bean Casserole by Bread Booze Bacon
- Green Chicken Enchilada Casserole by A Night Owl
- Chili Bean Casserole by Pink Cake Plate
- Mom’s Enchilada Casserole by I Love My Disorganized Life
- Breakfast Casserole (Egg & Veggies) by See Vanessa Craft
- Slow Cooker French Toast Casserole by Around My Family Table