In this post, you’ll learn how to make Mini Cupcakes on a Stick for Valentine’s Day! Why? Because everything is better on a stick and mini cupcakes are no exception!
- 1 box cake mix (prepared as direct on box)
- Mini cupcake liners (1.25″ diameter)
- Mini muffin tin
- Gumdrops (1 per every 2 sticks)
- Lollipop Sticks (8″)
- Adhesive Ribbon (optional)
- 1 tub of frosting (your choice of flavor)
- Pastery bag with tip (optional)
- Nonpareils (sprinkles or other cake decorations)
- Prepare cake mix according to package instructions. Line mini muffin tin with mini cupcake liners. Fill cupcake liners about 1/2 way with batter and bake according to directions.
- While cupcakes are baking, cut gumdrops in half. Slide one of the gumdrop halves onto one of the lollipop sticks, with the cut side up and leaving approximiately 1.25″ between the top of the gumdrop and the end of the stick.
- Cut a 3-4″ piece of adhesive ribbon and fold over stick. Cut a notch out of end. If you prefer, you can also tie a bow with a piece of ribbon.
- When cupcakes are done baking, allow to cool completely. Using the tip of a sharp knife, poke a small hole in the bottom middle of each cupcake. Insert lollipop stick (closes to the gumdrop) into the cupcake, making sure to not poke through the top of the cupcake.
- If using a pastry bag, add Cool Whip Frosting to the pastry bag and then frost cupcakes. If not using a pastry bag, you can spread the frosting on the top with a knife. Sprinkle with nonpareils, if desired.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 9 ingredients, valentine's day recipe,