Gifts from the Kitchen: Orange Spiced Roasted Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans)
- 2 ounce cans chickpeas or garbanzo beans (15.5 each)
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Cooking Spray
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and lay out on a kitchen towel or paper towel to dry.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray. Place chickpeas on baking sheet in a single layer. If chickpeas have any skins are loose, discard them. Spray tops of chickpeas with cooking spray. Roast chickpeas for 15 minutes. Stir & move them around on the sheet and return to oven for another 15 minutes of baking, or until beginning to brown and crunchy. Remove from oven.
- In a bowl, combine marmalade, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Spoon warm, roasted chickpeas into the marmalade mixture. Gently coat chickpeas with mixture. When all chickpeas have been coated, spread onto baking sheet in a single layer. Return to oven for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Break up chickpea clusters and loosen any chickpeas from the baking sheet with a spatula. Allow to cool completely. Store in airtight container.
–If the orange marmalade you use is very thick, you may wish to microwave it for 20-30 seconds to thin it out, before adding the spices so that it’s easier to incorporate all the spices. The marmalade I used isn’t very thick, so I didn’t have to heat my marmalade.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 5 ingredients,