Portobello Tuna Melts are a healthier version of the old-school tuna melts you may know. This healthy tuna recipe features a no-mayo tuna salad and a portobello mushroom cap as a base, instead of bread.
- 2 large portobello mushrooms (cleaned, stem and gills removed)
- Olive Oil
- 6 oz . Ocean Naturals Skipjack Chunk Light Tuna (drained)
- 1 stalk celery (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped banana peppers
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 slices tomato
- 2 slices Swiss cheese (thinly sliced)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Brush top and underside of mushroom cap with a bit of olive oil. Place mushroom caps on a baking sheet, top side up. Bake for 5-10 minutes until tender. Carefully turn mushroom caps over (tops now be laying on the baking sheet). Drain excess water/liquid off of baking sheet and mushroom caps.
- In a bowl, toss together Ocean Naturals tuna with celery, onion, and banana peppers. Mix in lemon juice and olive oil. Season with the salt and pepper, adjusting both, if you wish.
- Divide mixture between the two mushroom caps, stuffing each one and creating a mound of tuna salad on the mushroom. Lay 1 tomato slice on top of tuna salad and then 1 slice of cheese. Return to the oven and bake until cheese is melted.
- Category: Sandwich
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 9 ingredients, tuna melt no bread, portobella keto recipe, keto tuna melt,