This Restaurant-Style Chipotle Salsa recipe couldn’t be easier! Get those tortilla chips ready because you’ll be dipping & scooping in no time!
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole tomatoes (drained)
- 1 small onion (roughly chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cup cilantro (mostly leaves, discard thick stems, but thin stems are ok)
- 1–2 chipotle peppers (from can)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place all ingredients into food processor or blender and blend until desired consistency. Taste salsa and, if necessary, adjust seasonings or ingredients. Serve as a condiment or as a dip with tortilla chips.
–I often make this same recipe, but without chipotle peppers. Simply substitute the chipotle peppers with a fresh jalapeno that has been cut in half with the stem removed. If you like you salsa less spicy, you may want to remove part of the seeds and membrane.
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: 6 ingredients, chipotle salsa, easy homemade salsa, salsa with canned tomatoes, cinco de mayo