- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 ounces Neufchatel or light cream cheese (cubed)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 can artichoke hearts (14 oz, drained, rinsed and finely chopped)
- 8 ounces trimmed fresh spinach leaves (about 8 cups)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In slow cooker stoneware, combine mozzarella, Neufchatel cheese, Parmesan, garlic, artichokes, spinach, and black pepper. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours, until hot and bubbly. Stir well and serve with homemade tortilla chips.
Source: The Healthy Slow Cooker by Judith Finlayson (reprinted with permission)
My adaptions to this recipe:
-I used 2-3 garlic cloves as I knew we’d like a bit more garlic in this
-I added as much of the spinach as I could to my slow cooker in the beginning. After the spinach had cooked down a bit, I added the remaining spinach.