Love s’mores? This Smores Pull-Apart Rolls recipe brings all that chocolate and toasted marshmallow flavors you love…inside!
- 5 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 1/2 tablespoons butter (divided, softened)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 12- ounce package King’s Hawaiian Original Hawaiian Sweet Rolls (12 count)
- 1 1/3 cups milk chocolate chips (divided)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 teaspoons water
- Grease an 8×8″ baking dish with 1/2 tablespoon of the butter. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove the rolls from the packaging, without separating the rolls. Using a serrated knife, carefully cut the rolls in halves horizontally, separating the tops from the bottoms.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of butter on top of the top part of the rolls. Sprinkle the buttered top with the granulated sugar.
- Place the tops of the rolls, buttered/sugared side down, in your prepared baking dish (the tops will be upside down in your pan). You will have to lightly push the rolls together to get them to fit in the pan. Spread a tablespoon of butter on top of the rolls in the pan (the cut side that is facing up). Use a fork or butter knife to gently cut/separate all of the rolls. The sides of the rolls will still be touching in the pan, you just want to make sure they are are not connected anymore.
- Sprinkle 1 cup chocolate chips and 1 1/2 cups marshmallows on top of the buttered rolls.
- Separate the bottom rolls pieces into 12 pieces. Lay the bottom roll pieces on top of the marshmallows and chocolate chips, bottoms facing up (cut side down).
- In a medium saucepan on low heat , melt 4 tablespoons butter. Stir in 4 cups mini marshmallows, and stir constantly to combine with butter. Continue stirring until mixture is smooth and marshmallows are completely melted.
- Pour melted marshmallow/butter mixture evenly over the top of rolls. Bake for 15 minutes, or until marshmallow is lightly toasted. Remove from oven and allow to cool, in pan, for about 5 minutes.
- Place a large plate upside down on top of your baking dish and, while using pot holders and holding the plate on top of the baking dish, turn both plate and baking dish over at once until the baking dish is upside down. Place the plate on your kitchen counter with the upside down baking dish on top, allowing the rolls to fall completely of the pan, onto the plate. Remove baking dish. Top with marshmallow drizzle and about 1/3 cup chocolate chips.
- In a saucepan on low heat , melt 1 tablespoon butter. Stir in 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows, and stir fairly constantly to combine with butter. Continue stirring until mixture is smooth and marshmallows are completely melted. Stir in 2 teaspoons water. Use immediately to drizzle on top of rolls.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate chips, marshmallows, 6 ingredients, kings hawaiian,