This Snickers Caramel Apple Bars recipe is an easy fall dessert for those of you who love Snickers candy bars!
- 1 ounces roll refrigerated Sugar Cookie Dough (16.9 – I used Pillsbury)
- 11.5 ounce bag Snickers Mini Candy Bars
- 1 large Granny Smith Apple (or 2 medium size)
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup Caramel Sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- Grease an 8×8 baking dish. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Unwrap and chop about 6-7 ounces of Snickers Mini Candy Bars. Each mini size candy bar should be chopped into about 6-8 pieces to get the pieces small enough (smaller is better). Peeled, core, and finely chop the apple (you want small pieces). In a bowl, combine chopped Snickers with chopped apples.
- Press half of the sugar cookie dough evenly into the bottom of the baking dish. Place apple/Snickers mixture on top of cookie dough, spreading it out as evenly as possible. Gently press apples and Snickers into the cookie dough.
- Place small spoonfuls of remaining sugar cookie dough on top of apples/Snickers. With the back of a spoon or your fingers, spread out dough as best as possible. You should be able to cover most of the apple/Snickers, but don’t worry if you can’t cover it completely.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While bars are baking, chop additional Snickers (use as many as you wish) for the top. I cut my Snickers on the top into fourths.
- When bars are done baking, allow to cool slightly. While bars are still slightly warm, top with your additional Snickers. Drizzle with caramel sauce. Allow to cool completely before cutting. Serve with additional caramel sauce, if you wish.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: candy bar, 4 ingredients, granny smith apples, caramel sauce, fall recipe, sugar cookie dough,