This Snickers Caramel Apple Bars recipe is an easy fall dessert for those of you who love Snickers candy bars!
Snickers and apples.
In pre-Pinterest days, I had no idea that Snickers and apples were a thing.
But, with the invention of Pinterest, I found out that there was a “salad” that seemed to be quite popular. It was Autumn time, a few years ago, and I started seeing lots of Snickers Caramel Apple Salad recipes pinned. While there are a few variations, the basic idea is that it’s chopped up Snickers candy bars, chopped apples, whipped topping, and a dry pudding mix that is all mixed up together.
Oh, and it’s clearly dessert salad, in case you were thinking that this might be a healthy, leafy green salad.
While I might share a Snickers Caramel Apple Salad recipe with you someday, there are plenty of great ones already out there. But I thought it might be fun to share my dessert recipe that is inspired by the salad: Snickers Caramel Apple Bars.
Just like the salad, this recipe is extremely easy and it only takes a few ingredients. It begins with chopping a granny smith apple (or two) and mini Snickers bars into small pieces. The apples and the Snickers are “sandwiched” between layers of prepared sugar cookie dough (I used Pillsbury). This is baked and after cooling a bit, it’s topped with more Snickers and a drizzle of caramel sauce.
It’s sweet, it’s messy, and it’s good. Grab a fork & dig in!
Snickers Caramel Apple Bars RecipePrint
Want more apple dessert recipes?
My Snickers Caramel Apple Bars Recipe is my contribution to this months #12Bloggers Event that happens on the 12th of every month. It includes myself and 11 blogging friends and we all create recipes around a common theme — all of the recipes have 12 ingredients or less too. This months theme is Apple Dessert Recipes — here are the links to all of the others great apple recipes:
- Chocolate Chip Apple Pie Cheesecake Parfaits From Big Bears Wife
- Caramel Apple Shortcakes from Betsy Life
- Snickers Caramel Apple Bars from Home Cooking Memories
- Apple Caramel Crepes from Cooking on the Front Burner
- S’mores Salted Caramel Apple Nachos from Love Bakes Good Cakes
- Apple Cheddar Tostadas from Thyme for Cocktails
- Apple Bacon Oat Bars from Bread Booze Bacon
- No Bake Caramel Apple Cheesecake from A Night Owl Blog
- Salted Caramel Cheesecake Apple Pie Bars from Pink Cake Plate
- Apple Pie Chimi with Cheddar Cheese from I Love My Disorganized Life
- Easy Apple Crisp from See Vanessa Craft
- Apple Pie Crinkle Cookies from Around My Family Table