- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2/3 cup chopped carrot
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 3/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup 1/3-less-fat cream cheese (4 ounces, softened)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas (thawed)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (2 ounces, divided)
- 2 ounce cans albacore tuna in water (5-, drained and flaked)
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease large baking dish (or two, if needed) with cooking spray.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook onion and carrot until carrot is almost tender, stirring occasionally while cooking. Sprinkle evenly with flour; cook 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly. Gradually stir in milk and cook 5-10 minutes, stirring constantly with a whisk until slightly thick. Stir in cream cheese, mustard, salt, and pepper; stirring constantly until cream cheese is melted completely into mixture.
- Remove skillet from heat. Gently stir in noodles, peas, 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, and tuna. Spoon mixture into greased baking dish(es); top with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.