This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Boar’s Head. All opinions are 100% mine.
Pizza tends to get a bad rap as being unhealthy, but I’m going to show you that it doesn’t have to be. This pizza recipe is both delicious and heart healthy: Asian Chicken Pizza with Peanut Sauce. It features a whole wheat crust, a flavorful peanut sauce, Boar’s Head certified heart-healthy deli meats, vegetables and the perfect amount of mozzarella cheese.
With heart disease being the nation’s leading cause of death for both men and women, taking care of our hearts is one of the most important things we can do. Luckily, there is simple things we can do, such as eating well, that can make a difference in our heart health.
This pizza recipe keeps it healthy by using Boar’s Head EverRoast® Oven Roasted Chicken Breast, which is one of the Boar’s Head premium certified heart-healthy deli meats. Boar’s Head deli meats offer choices that are low in fat, saturated fat and cholesterol — and they can help make good-for-your-heart recipes with ease.
For the Asian Chicken Pizza with Peanut Sauce, you will need about 8 ounces of Boar’s Head EverRoast® Oven Roasted Chicken Breast per pizza that you are making. I found Boar’s Head at the deli counter at my local Smith’s store (Kroger affiliated store). You will want to ask for it to be sliced thick, about 1/2 – 3/4″. I bought about 1 pound which would give me enough to make two pizzas.
The chicken breast is cut into into bite-sized pieces. One of the things I particularly like about using the Boar’s Head EverRoast® Oven Roasted Chicken Breast is that I didn’t have to cook the chicken — which saved a lot of time.
In a small saucepan, you will make the peanut sauce, which is used instead of traditional pizza sauce. It consists of peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar and other seasonings.
Next, you will thinly slice some onion and cut red bell pepper into small pieces. The onions and bell pepper are placed in a bowl with the chicken cubes and mixed with about 1 tablespoon of the peanut sauce.
Press out your favorite whole wheat pizza dough recipe (or a premade whole wheat dough), onto a pizza pan. Bake in the crust in the oven for about 10 minutes and then spread the peanut sauce on top of the crust. Top the peanut sauce with the chicken mixture.
Top your pizza with shredded mozzerella cheese and some roughly chopped peanuts.
Now your pizza is ready to bake!
When it’s finished baking, you have a heart-healthy chicken pizza.
- 14 ounces whole wheat pizza dough
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (crunchy or creamy)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (reduced sodium)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces Boar's Head EverRoast® Oven Roasted Chicken Breast, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/8 cup shelled peanuts, roughly chopped
- Optional: sliced green onions or cilantro
- Preheat to 450 degrees F. Spray a 12" diameter pizza pan with cooking spray. Place dough on pizza pan and press and stretch dough so that it covers the entire bottom surface and reaches the sides. Bake in oven for 5-8 minutes.
- While crust is baking, mix together peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, soy sauce, five spice powder, garlic and red pepper flakes in a small saucepan. Heat over low heat and mix together until combined. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, toss together cubed chicken, diced bell pepper, onion and 1 tablespoon of the peanut sauce. Spread the remaining peanut sauce on top of the hot/warm pizza crust, while leaving about 1/2" - 1" of the edge all the way around without sauce. Top evenly with the chicken mixture and sprinkle with the cheese and then peanuts.
- Bake in the oven until the crust is browned and the cheese is hot and melted and starting to brown (approximately 10-12 minutes). Remove from oven and top with optional green onions or cilantro, if you wish. Slice into wedges and serve.