This post brought to you by Boar’s Head Brand®. All opinions are 100% mine.
If you crave bold flavors in foods, my Spicy Southwestern Turkey Panini is for you! It’s my entry into the Boar’s Head® Boldest Bracket Challenge.
When Boar’s Head invited me to participate in their Boar’s Head® Boldest Bracket Challenge featuring their Boar’s Head Brand® Bold® line of products, I didn’t hesitate for a second. You can’t go wrong with a sandwich full of bold and spicy flavors and I knew just what I wanted to compete with in the challenge.
My sandwich for the challenge is my Spicy Southwestern Turkey Panini. It’s spicy, it’s cheesy, and it’s definitely bold. I know you’ll love it, so that’s why I’m asking for your vote in the Boar’s Head Boldest Bracket Challenge on March 7.
If you vote for my sandwich and it wins against the other sandwiches, you’ll have a chance to win one of these awesome prizes:
- Round 1: (8) Boar’s Head Bold t-shirts
- Round 2: (4) $50 gift card to purchase Boar’s Head Bold products
- Round 3: (2) $100 gift card to purchase Boar’s Head Bold products
AND! For the finale, the big prize is an iPad Air, which includes a custom Boar’s Head case and $500 gift card to cater your game-watching party with Boar’s Head products. I know you want to win all that!
If you are wondering why I think this is a winning recipe, I’m happy to explain. First, I used 4 slices of Boar’s Head Brand Blackened Oven Roasted Turkey Breast per sandwich. It has a HUGE punch of flavor that you’re going to love, plus the turkey is seriously one of the best I’ve ever had (and I’ve had a lot!)
It also features 4 slices of Boar’s Head Brand 3 Pepper Colby Jack® Cheese. This cheese is out of this world. It melts beautifully in this panini, but also increases the bold flavor even more.
To give this panini another element flavor, the OUTSIDE of the bread is spread with Boar’s Head Brand Fiery Chipotle Gourmaise™. This is stuff crazy good and by spreading it on the outside, it bakes right into the sourdough, giving it extra crustiness and another kick of boldness.
Of course, I could stop there and this panini would be amazing, but I decided to elevate this panini to the king of all sandwiches by adding in some mashed avocado (with cilantro and lime mixed in), plus some beautiful tomato slices.
So what do you say? I’d love your vote when my panini goes live on March 7 in the Boar’s Head® Boldest Bracket Challenge. If you want a reminder on that day, be sure to follow me on Facebook and/or Twitter as I’ll be posting some reminders in those place. And leave me a comment if you do too…I’d love to say thank you!
Here’s the full recipe — be sure to add these ingredients to your grocery list so you can enjoy my Spicy Southwestern Turkey Panini this week.
- Serving size: 2
- 1 medium Avocado, peeled and seeded
- ½ tablespoon Cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon Lime juice
- Salt, to taste
- Boar's Head Brand Fiery Chipotle Gourmaise™
- 4 large slices Sourdough bread
- 8 slices Boar's Head Brand 3 Pepper Colby Jack® Cheese
- 8 slices Boar's Head Brand Blackened Oven Roasted Turkey Breast
- 4 slices Tomato
- In a small bowl, mash avocado with cilantro and lime juice. Season to taste with salt.
- Preheat Panini maker according to manufacturer instructions. Spread thin layer of Chipotle Gourmaise on one side of each slice of bread. Place one slice of bread, Chipotle Gourmaise side facing down, on hot Panini grill.
- Top bread with remaining ingredients in order: 2 slices 3 Pepper Colby Jack Cheese, 2 slices Blackened Oven Roasted Turkey Breast, half of mashed avocado spread, 2 tomato slices, 2 more slices Blackened Oven Roasted Turkey Breast, and finally 2 more slices of 3 Pepper Colby Jack Cheese. Top sandwich with another slice of bread with Chipotle Gourmaise side facing up.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients for second sandwich.
- Close Panini maker and cook until hot, cheese is melted, and bread is toasty.
- Remove from Panini maker and serve.