Looking for Thanksgiving leftover recipes? This easy Sweet Potato Biscuits recipe uses leftover sweet potato casserole – even if you make it with marshmallows on top!
I know everyone is saying it, but I’m gonna say it too: can you believe Thanksgiving is coming this Thursday!? It’s only 4 days away!
It’s my favorite holiday and I look forward to it all year long, but then BAM! It’s here. And I still have a million things to do, of course. I’m sure I’m not the only one.
I don’t know about you, but I spend a pretty penny on Thanksgiving dinner and I’m not going to let those leftovers go to waste! With perfect timing, our #SundaySupper theme this week is Thanksgiving leftovers, hosted by Nicole of Daily Dish Recipes.
I used leftover Sweet Potato Casserole — marshmallows and all — in these biscuits. If you make a different version, use your version. If you don’t make Sweet Potato Casserole at all, no problem — just mash up 1 cup of cooked sweet potatoes and add a couple tablespoons of brown sugar and you’re good.
I like these biscuits mostly because of the color — they look so great with meals during the Autumn months. They go along nicely with a Turkey Noodle Soup that you might make with your leftover turkey. Or for breakfast with some butter and honey. However you enjoy them, one thing is certain…you be able to put leftover sweet potatoes to great use!
Thanksgiving Leftover Recipes:
Sweet Potato Biscuits Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces (2 ounces)
- 1 cup leftover sweet potato casserole (or mashed sweet potatoes)
- ⅛ - ¼ cup milk (or more, if needed)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or spray with cooking spray).
- Mix dry ingredients in food processor. Pulse butter into flour mixture until all butter has been blended into the flour. Process in the sweet potatoes to the flour mixture, just until fully combined with flour.
- Add ⅛ cup of milk to mixture. Add more milk, a tablespoon or two at a time, if necessary to achieve a ball of dough in your processor. Dough should be soft and smooth, not dry or too wet. If you end up with dough that is too wet and sticky, at a bit more flour so that it can be handle and rolled. If too dry, add more milk.
- Roll dough on your surface so that it is approximate ½-inch thick. Cut in 2-inch rounds with a biscuit cutter. Place rounds on prepared baking sheet. Reroll remaining dough and continue cutting rounds until all dough is used.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown.
--If you won't be using leftover sweet potato casserole (a casserole that has had sugar added to it), I recommend adding 2 tablespoons of brown sugar to your dry ingredients. This is completely optional though.
--I like to brush butter on the top of the biscuits shortly after they come out of the oven.
Adapted from Mark Bittman’s How to Cook Everything app
Be sure to check out this massive list of Thanksgiving leftover recipes and ideas below! Lots of great stuff that I’m sure you will find helpful for your holiday:
Breakfast & Brunch
- Sweet Potato Cinnamon Rolls by Juanita’s Cocina
- Turkey Cranberry Muffins by In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Sweet Potato Biscuits by Home Cooking Memories
- Turkey Enchiladas by Webicurean
- Thanksgiving Leftover Casserole by FamilyFoodie
- Turkey and Cranberry Monte Cristo by Supper for a Steal
- Thanksgiving hangover sandwich by Crispy Bits & Burt Ends
- Turkey Tamale Pie by Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Thanksgiving Leftovers Pot Pie by I Run For Wine
- Turkey and Stuffing Pasty by Small Wallet Big Appetite
- The Ultimate Thanksgiving Leftovers Sandwich by Daily Dish Recipes
- Turkey Vegetable Hash by Generation Y Foodie
- Turkey Tetrazzini by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Thanksgiving Leftovers: Turkey and Andouille Gumbo for #SundaySupper by Catholic Foodie
- Red Potato Turkey Cutlets with Ginger & Fresh Herbs by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Thanksgiving Turkey Banh Mi Sandwich by 30AEats
- Leftover Turkey and Sausage Gumbo by My Catholic Kitchen
- Turkey Mornay Open-Face Sandwiches by The Weekend Gourmet
- Leftover Mashed Potatoes and Beef Croquettes by Pippis in the Kitchen Again
- Simple and easy! Turkey a la king, fit for a queen! by Midlife Road Trip
- Turkey and Mushroom Risotto by Comfy Cuisine
- Vegetarian Shepherd’s Pie by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Skillet Turkey Reuben by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- # glutenfree Turkey Shepard’s Cake by Cooking Underwriter
- Hawaiian BBQ Turkey Flatbread Pizza by Damn Delicious
- Turkey shepards pie! by The Realistic Nutritionist
- Turkey & Cranberry Panini with Tarragon Aioli by The Messy Baker Blog
Soups, Salads, Sides & Starters
- Gluten Free Turkey and Dumplings by The Meltaways
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Shallots and Pancetta by Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Curried Turkey Salad by Kimchi Mom
- Potato Patties w/ Tomato Salsa by La Cocina De Leslie
- Spicy Coconut Turkey Soup by Diabetic Foodie
- Mashed Potatoes Twice Baked by Hezzi-D’s Books & Cooks
- Moroccan Chicken Salad with Rice by My Trial’s in the Kitchen
- Cranberry Barbecue Stuffed Sweet Potatoes by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Olive Tapenade by Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Leftover Turkey Soup by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Sweet Potato Bread Pudding by MarocMama
Sweets & Desserts
- Cranberry Sauce Crumb Bars by girlichef
- Pumpkin Gingersnap Truffles by Chocolate Moosey
- Sweet Potato Spice Cake with Pecan Streusel Topping by Shockingly Delicious
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Potato Frosting by Yummy Smells
Wine Pairings for the Recipes Featured
- Wine Pairings for Thanksgiving Leftovers #SundaySupper by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog