This Sweet & Spicy Pineapple Dipping Sauce recipe is an easy dip for holiday appetizers, such as spring rolls, egg rolls, and more!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Collective Bias and SeaPak. This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read our full disclosure policy.
The holidays are one of the busiest times for many of us, so finding ways to save time can be essential. One of my time saving tricks for holiday parties is having an assortment of both homemade and pre-made, store bought appetizers – such as those in the frozen food department. I make homemade appetizers that are my “specialty” and ones that I enjoy making, and then fill in my menu with frozen appetizers that we enjoy. This method leaves me less stressed and with more time for celebrating — a total win/win.
When I buy pre-made appetizers at the grocery store, I like to pair them with a homemade dipping sauce. We love sweet and spicy sauces, plus David is crazy about pineapple, so I have a sauce I make that combines all that. It’s great for spring rolls, lumpia (Filipino spring rolls), egg rolls, and so much more.
Here’s a great example — SeaPak sells these delicious Shrimp Spring Rolls in the frozen food section. They are easy to make and they make a great presentation on a buffet table. And you know how you sometimes buy seafood products and you can hardly notice the seafood in them? That’s not the case with these — you’ll find actual shrimp in these.
Just throw them on a baking sheet and bake for 16-17 minutes. I rolled them over about 1/2 ways through the baking and they were perfect when they were done.
While your appetizers are in the oven, you can make your Sweet & Spicy Pineapple Dipping Sauce. All of the ingredients are combined in your food processor. If you don’t have a food processor, you can also use a blender. After blending, the mixture is simmered on the stove and thickened. That’s it!
Place the sauce into a bowl and place the bowl into the center of a large plate or platter. Then, lay your appetizers around the edges, as you see in the image below.
Sweet & Spicy Pineapple Dipping Sauce Recipe
Here’s the complete recipe for making your own Sweet & Spicy Pineapple Dipping Sauce. If you aren’t ready for it yet, be sure to pin it to Pinterest for safekeeping.
- 1 cup pineapple juice, unsweetened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup finely chopped red jalapenos (from a jar, adjust amount based on your heat preference)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 sprigs cilantro
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- In a food processor or blender, blend together pineapple juice, granulated sugar, jalapenos, garlic, vinegar, salt, and cilantro until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer on medium for 5 minutes. While simmering, mix together cornstarch and 2 tablespoons pineapple juice in a small bowl until smooth. With a whisk, gradually blend in cornstarch mixture into pineapple juice mixture, which will thicken your mixture. Remove from heat. Cool and serve as a dipping sauce for spring rolls, egg rolls, etc.
You can find SeaPak Shrimp Spring Rolls and other appetizers in the frozen food section of Walmart. If you love getting coupons, recipes, and tips from your favorite brands, like SeaPak, then be sure to sign up for their Coastal Catch email list.