This 3-Ingredient Creole Seasoned Crackers recipe is a super easy snack recipe and perfect for enjoying while watching the game, at a casual get-together, or a Mardi Gras celebration. Make an extra batch because these are going to go fast!
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. We receive a commission if purchases are made through our links to retailers. Click here to read our full disclosure policy.
Just a bit of a warning – you will want to make a double batch of these 3-Ingredient Creole Seasoned Crackers. Maybe even a triple batch. Whether you’re enjoying them while watching the game, during a movie night, or for a Mardi Gras celebration, your guests will be enjoying these by the handful. Be prepared!
The good thing is that these are SUPER easy to make. And you’ll only need 3 ingredients: oyster crackers, vegetable oil, and Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning. That’s it.
What are oyster crackers?
If you aren’t familiar with oyster crackers, they are a very small, inexpensive cracker that comes in a round or hexagonal shape, often sold in a bag (but sometimes sold in a box) in the cracker aisle of the grocery store. And while they have “oyster” in the name, they actually don’t contain oysters. They just got their name because they were traditionally served in oyster stews. Nowadays, they are still served alongside many soups, especially those with seafood, like clam chowder.
Season it with Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning
The other star ingredient of this recipe is Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning. It’s a popular creole seasoning that can be used in lots of recipes or even use is to sprinkle on things like steak or french fries. We’ve provided links in this post where you can buy it online, but you can find it inexpensively in most major grocery stores (Walmart, Target, Kroger stores, etc) in the seasoning aisle.
3-Ingredient Creole Seasoned Crackers Recipe
Below you will find the recipe for making your own 3-Ingredient Creole Seasoned Crackers, ready for you to print. If you like this recipe, we’d love for you to pin it to one of your Pinterest boards or for you to share it on Facebook with your friends and family.Print
Baked Creole Seasoned Crackers Recipe
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 bag of soup & oyster crackers (9 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine together the oil and the Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning until blended. Add the oyster crackers to the seasoned oil mixture and gently combine them with the mixture until the crackers are well coated.
- Pour the coated crackers onto a baking sheet. Spread crackers out so that they are in one layer.
- Bake the crackers for approximately 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before enjoying. Store in an airtight container.
–Canola oil or melted butter can be substituted for vegetable oil