This post brought to you by Coca Cola. All opinions are 100% mine.
We are back from San Diego Comic-Con 2013 — one of the biggest comic book and pop culture events of the year. For our family, it’s a yearly summer vacation. Not only do we get to spend time at the convention, but we get to enjoy the beautiful weather and sights of San Diego.
One of the things we always do before leaving for our trip, is we pack plenty of drinks to keep hydrated. While the weather is more comfortable in San Diego than in Las Vegas, it still gets hot. Not to mention, getting to San Diego requires crossing a hot desert. I don’t want to get stranded without plenty to drink.
I thought I would share a few of summer vacation beverage tips — things that our family does for our road trips that might work great for your family too:
1. Buy beverages before you leave for your summer vacation. You don’t want to have to spend your time in a supermarket at your destination…you want to be having fun! Before you hit the road, stop off at a place like Sam’s Club, which has great prices on club-size packaged beverages like Coca Cola products, such as Dasani® water, Vitamin Water®, Fuze®, NOS® energy drinks, and Powerade®. I like to buy a variety to keep everyone happy.
2. Put some of the beverages you buy in an ice chest to keep cold during your road trip. Beverage prices can be expensive at gas stations, so having your own cold drinks that you bought beforehand can help you save.
3. After you check-in at the hotel make use of your hotel mini fridge. Fill it up with your favorite drinks. While you might not be spending much time in your hotel room, having something cold to drink once you get back to your room after a busy day is a nice way to relax (and keeps you away from the mini bar and vending machines). Don’t have a mini fridge in your room? Your ice chest will work.
4. If the place you visit on vacation allows outside beverages, have each family member pick a drink or two from what you brought to keep in a personal tote, backpack, or tote. If they don’t allow outside beverages, pack the drinks in the ice chest and take a lunch break back at the car.
5. While we eat out for most of our dinners while on vacation, we usually order pizza at least once. It saves a bit of money from dine-in options and it’s fun to take the pizza to the pool area of the hotel (if they allow it) for a mini pizza party. The Coke® beverages you brought will be a perfect choice and will save you from paying higher prices from the pizza delivery company.
Doing these things has helped us to save money on our summer vacation. If you don’t already do these things, give it a try on your next getaway or road trip to keep everyone refreshed and hydrated.