This Girls Night Holiday Gift Basket post is sponsored by Cost Plus World Market. This holiday gift basket is sure to make the favorite woman in your life very happy with an assortment of gourmet foods, cheese, and wine, as well as fun activities to enjoy with her favorite friends!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read our full disclosure policy.
I absolutely love giving gift baskets to people. And I love shopping for gift baskets too. I’ve shared before that one of my most favorite stores is Cost Plus World Market and it’s also my most favorite for gift basket shopping and gift giving. In this post, I’m sharing a Girls Night Holiday Gift Basket idea that I put together my adult daughter, using all items purchased at Cost Plus World Market.
When it comes to putting together a Girls Night In Holiday Gift Basket, so often you’ll see a movie as one of the ideas for the gift basket. I love movie nights, and so does my daughter, but watching a movie is hard when you are just wanting to hang out, catch up, and chat about everything that’s been going on your life. So for this Girls Night In Holiday Gift Basket, the focus was on gifts for her that can be enjoyed along with great conversation: Christmas music, a fun puzzle, and plenty of gourmet food and wine!
Before we get to the gift basket, I have something else super exciting to share with you. The folks over at Cost Plus World Market are partnering with GRAMMY® Award-nominated, UK recording artist, Jessie J. on their new World Market’s Star Maker Song Contest campaign.
Cost Plus World Market is featuring an original recording of “Santa Claus is Comin’ To Town” by Jessie J. in their new Christmas video. In the video, an adorable little boy is on a quest to find out what Santa Claus’s favorite cookie is. In the end, he ends up finding a much more thoughtful gift instead. Watch the cute holiday video below:
Now here’s the best part….the World Market’s Star Maker Song Contest is a chance for YOU to win big and be the next big star! All you have to do is create a video of yourself singing Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town either online or at select World Market stores. AND, Jessie J. will be choosing the grand prize winning performance! The lucky winner will have a chance to record their version of “Santa Claus is Comin to Town” in Hollywood with a top music producer and a $1,000 World Market gift card. It would be so amazing if one of my readers won!
How to Enter the World Market’s
Star Maker Song Contest
The contest ends 12/8/18, so get your entry in today! You can enter online at here: World Market’s Star Maker Song Contest
Step #1: Sing Your Heart Out!
- Create a video of yourself singing Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town. You can create your own musical accompaniment, sing a cappella, or use the instrumental version with lyrics here. Submissions using non-original music will be disqualified.
- Videos will be judged by a panel of qualified judges (90%) and by Public Voting (10%). Judges will score the videos based on Voice (60%), Performance (20%), Creativity/Originality (20%). The Grand Prize winner will be selected by Jessie J.
Step #2: Upload Your Video
- Visit World Market’s Star Maker Song Contest, complete the registration form, upload your video and you’re on your way! Videos will be moderated for acceptability before they appear in the Contest Gallery. They will send you an email when your submission has been approved.
Step #3: Share with Your Friends
- Share your video on social media and show your friends how talented you are and ask them to vote for your video!
- Only one person may appear and perform in a video.
- You may only appear in one video for this contest.
- Video submissions are limited to 1:45 minutes maximum in length. Entries over 1:45 minutes will be rejected by the website and you will be asked to re-submit.
- Your video must be original and include you singing Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town using your own instrumental music, the instrumental version with lyrics here, or a cappella without instrumentals.
- The “Star Maker Song Contest” is open to U.S. and D.C. residents 13 years and over. Eligible minors must have the permission of their parents or legal guardians prior to participating.
- See full rules at worldmarketwin.com
AND…Enter for a Chance at a Local Prize
Participating Cost Plus World Market stores will have a contest kiosk where you can create a video of yourself singing Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town. At the kiosk, you can record your entry for a chance at a $500 World Market Gift Card! The top-scoring video at each participating store will be awarding a local prize.
My family and I went to my local Las Vegas Blue Diamond Cost Plus World Market Store and tried out the contest kiosk. It’s so fun and easy! It’s equipped with a camera and microphone and the Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town lyrics show right on the screen (which I totally needed!). It even has a fun photo opp too if singing isn’t your thing.
Head into the Las Vegas Blue Diamond Cost Plus World Market Store to see it in action and enter for your chance to win. Not in Las Vegas? Find a participating contest kiosk store near you by visiting: www.worldmarketwin.com/stores
Girls Night Holiday Gift Basket Idea
Cost Plus World Market always makes it easy to put together a gift basket and this Girls Night Holiday Gift Basket is no exception. I wanted to create a basket that would be perfect for my daughter to enjoy on a cozy night in with her girlfriends. As I mentioned, I didn’t include a movie (as often seen in Girls Night Gift Baskets) but opted to include items that would compliment a night of conversation.
To start my Girls Night Gift Basket, I started with a Wood Crate Wall Storage shelf to use as a basket. I prefer to use items for baskets that can be used for other uses later and the Wood Crate Wall Storage shelf is perfect. I was able to fill it with all the goodies, but later my daughter can use it as a shelf, if she wishes.
Before adding all the items to the crate, I used a paper filler, such as Red Crinkle Paper Gift Filler in the bottom. This can be found near the holiday gift wrap and gift baskets at Cost Plus World Market.
Then, I started filling the crate in with the items I purchased. I started first with the puzzle and wine bottles in the back of the crate since they were the largest. Then I moved onto adding the rest of the items in. I encourage you to add large and/or heavy items first and then working your way to the smaller items. It’s also a good idea to stagger the heights of items.
I wanted this Girls Night In Holiday Gift Basket to not only provide an activity — listening to the festive This Christmas Day By Jessie J Holiday CD (which is available now!) while enjoying a fun puzzle, but also to provide plenty of gourmet foods and wine too. Knowing my daughter’s love of cheese, I included several different ones, as well as baguette crisps, salame, and smoked salmon. For wine, I included a Cabernet Sauvignon and a Cranberry Wine. I also include a Vanilla Bean Candle to enjoy and since this is a holiday gift basket, I had to include an adorable Cactus With Lights Ornament – which is perfect for anyone who loves succulents!
SHOP THIS POST!
For your convenience, I have listed all the items below that I selected for the Girls Night In Holiday Gift Basket, as well as provided links on where you can purchase them.
- Wood Crate Wall Storage
- Red Crinkle Paper Gift Filler
- This Christmas Day By Jessie J Holiday CD
- Event Red Wine Glasses
- World Market® Classic Smoked Alaskan Salmon
- Volpi Romano Salami
- Pasek Cranberry Wine
- 3 Girls Cabernet Sauvignon
- Oloves Lemon And Rosemary Pitted Green Olives
- Cactus With Lights Ornament
- Glacier Ridge Smoked Provolone Cheese
- Ivory Sugared Vanilla Bean Candle
- Northwoods Hot Pepper Mini Cheese
- Northwoods Tomato And Basil Cheese
- Walkers Luxury Shortbread Selections
- Sabine’s Collections Garlic, Chives and Parsley Crisps
- Los Olivos Smoked Almonds
- Glacier Ridge Farms Smoked Gouda Cup
- World Market® Belgian Chocolate Truffle Assortment
- Women’s March 500 Piece Round Puzzle
- Crackled Reactive Glaze Ceramic Wine Stopper
I hope this Girls Night Holiday Gift Basket inspires you to create your own gift basket for someone this holiday season. While my focus was on a gift basket for my adult daughter, it could easily become a gift basket for a special guy too. There are also tons of gifts for him at Cost Plus World. I’d love to hear your gift basket favorites too — leave us a comment!
Don’t forget to enter the World Market’s Star Maker Song Contest!
The contest ends 12/8/2018 so don’t delay!!
Leave a Reply