If you are looking for a new way to make Green Bean Casserole this Thanksgiving, you will love this recipe for Mini Green Bean Casserole with Garlic Bread Crumbs. Here we will show you how to make this delicious easy recipe that your family and you will love!
This post contains affiliate links that we may earn us compensation. Click here to read our full disclosure policy.
There are a lot of different green bean casseroles out there. One of my favorites is our Skillet Green Bean Casserole Recipe with Crispy Onion Topping but this recipe is racing up to the top.
Mini Green Bean Casserole w/ Garlic Bread Crumbs uses fresh green beans and homemade garlic bread crumbs that we will show you how to make!
Ingredients that you will need
- 2 cans or 1 family size can of Cream of Mushroom soup (This is for the sauce that will go on top of the green beans)
- 1 cup of heavy cream (This will help to thicken the cream of mushroom soup)
- 1 Large Sweet Vidalia Onion (This will be sliced and caramelized.)
- 3 cups of Fresh green beans (We highly recommend only using fresh green beans)
- 3 cloves of garlic, 3 pieces of stale bread, 2 tablespoons of olive oil (this is what you will need for the breadcrumbs)
- 1/2 cup of sharp cheddar cheese (It will be placed on top of the casserole)
- French’s French fried onions (This will go on top of the cheese.)
Where can I buy Oven-Safe Bowls?
How to make Garlic Bread Crumbs?
You will need three pieces of stale bread, two tablespoons of olive oil, and three cloves of garlic (chopped). Put all of the ingredients into your food processor (We have this one and it is fantastic!) and pulse the bread into a fine consistency of breadcrumbs that you’d like
How to make Mini Green Bean Casserole w/ Garlic Bread Crumbs
The first step will be to preheat your oven to 350 degrees. On medium heat, combine the Cream of Mushroom soup and the heavy cream in a skillet. You will stir until the mixture is smooth.
In a medium-sized pan, you are going to caramelize the sliced onions. After they are done, you are going to place several of the rings into the bottom of each oven-safe bowl.
Place 15 to 18 cut green beans into the six bowls then pour the cream of mushroom mixture over the green beans until they are covered.
Now, equally split the shredded cheese on top of the mushroom mixture.
Split the breadcrumbs over each of the bowls. After that, top them each with french-fried onions.Print