Peanut Butter Cup Stuffed Cookies takes a basic peanut butter cookie recipe and turns it into something amazing by stuffing a mini peanut butter cup into the middle. A must for peanut butter lovers!
Peanut Butter Cookies are pretty awesome by themselves, but when you stuff a delicious Peanut Butter Cup in the middle, ooooh baby….you’re in for a real treat!
To make this Peanut Butter Cup Stuffed Cookies recipe, you’ll begin by mixing up a basic, but delicious, peanut butter cookie dough that uses 1/2 cup of your favorite creamy peanut butter.
The magical part of these cookies is the mini peanut butter cups. You can use any brand, but we recommend using mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. You’ll need about 12-15 of them — one for each cookie. Unwrapped each one and set them aside.
After the dough is mixed up and your peanut butter cups are unwrapped, you’ll roll the peanut butter cookie dough into 2 tablespoon sized balls and place six of these balls on a baking sheet. Be sure to leave enough room between each cookie ball, as the cookies will spread out.
Gently press a mini peanut butter cup into the center of each peanut butter dough ball. Top each cookie dough ball with another cookie ball dough. Using your hands, press the two balls of dough together around the peanut butter cup. Repeat with remaining cookie dough.
TIP: I know the photo below doesn’t show parchment paper, but we do recommend lining your baking sheet with parchment paper.
Bake the cookies for 14-16 minutes and let cool on the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Allow cookies to cool completely while they are on the cooling rack. At this point, your Peanut Butter Cup Stuffed Cookies are ready to enjoy, but, if you wish, you can add a chocolate drizzle to the top of each one.
To add the chocolate drizzle, melt the chocolate according to package instructions and pour into a piping bag or sandwich bag. Cut a tiny tip from the corner of the bag. Drizzle the chocolate over each of the Peanut Butter Cup Stuffed Cookies and allow the chocolate drizzle to set before serving.
These Peanut Butter Cup Stuffed Cookies will be a favorite treat for any peanut butter lover.
Peanut Butter Cup Stuffed Cookies Recipe
Here’s the full recipe, ready for you to print! If you like this recipe, be sure to share on Facebook or pin it to Pinterest.Print
Peanut Butter Cup Stuffed Cookies Recipe
Delicious homemade peanut butter cookies with a mini peanut butter cup surprise in the middle. A must for peanut butter lovers!
- Yield: 12-15 cookies
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter, softened
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
12-15 mini Reese’s peanut butter cups
1 cup chocolate melting candy
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together butter, brown sugar, and peanut butter until light and creamy, about 2-3 minutes. Add in egg and vanilla extract and beat. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until combined. With the mixer running, incorporate the dry mixture just until combined. The dough should be tacky, but not sticky.
3. Roll dough into 2 tablespoons sized balls and place 6 on the prepared baking sheet, leaving plenty of room in between for spreading. Gently press a mini Reese’s peanut butter cup into the center of each ball on the baking sheet. Top each cookie with another ball of dough and use your hands to press the two balls of dough together around the peanut butter cup. Repeat with remaining cookie dough.
4. Bake for 14-16 minutes and let cool on the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Allow cookies to cool completely.
5. If drizzling with chocolate, melt the chocolate melting candy according to package instructions and pour into a piping bag or sandwich bag with a tiny tip cut from the corner. Drizzle chocolate over cookies and allow chocolate to set before serving.
Keywords: Reese’s, big, chocolate, sweet, stuffed, soft, surprise