With just a few ingredients, this Instant Pot Mexican Pot Roast recipe is sure to be a favorite in your house! This easy recipe creates delicious beef with a flavorful tomato-based sauce. Enjoy as-is or use in tacos, burritos, or salads.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. We receive a small commission if purchases are made through our links to retailers. Click here to read our full disclosure policy.
Lately, I’ve been making a commitment to use my Instant Pot or slow cooker at least once a week. I really struggle with meal planning (NOT a fan of it), but by committing to one Instant Pot or slow cooker meal per week, meal planning has been a bit smoother.
The other advantage of using my Instant Pot or slow cooker once a week is that at least one of our weekly meals is super easy. I mean, I guess there is complicated Instant Pot recipes out there somewhere? I don’t know, but everything I find or decide to make
Instant Pot Mexican Pot Roast
Today we’re sharing a Mexican Pot Roast recipe uses a beef chuck roast and is made in entirely in your Instant Pot. It’s an easy recipe, with only 7 ingredients
How to Serve Mexican Pot Roast
This Mexican Pot Roast recipe is wonderful to enjoy as is — similar to how traditional pot roast is served — with some simple side dishes. Just break apart the meat and spoon the pieces of beef onto your plate. Spoon some of the sauce over your meat and it’s perfection.
Some side dishes that we think are great with this recipe:
- Black Beans
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Green Chile Rice Casserole
- Hatch Chile Rice
- Mexican Roasted Zucchini
- Warm flour tortillas
If you prefer, you can also use this Mexican Pot Roast meat as the primary protein in other dishes. Some dishes that you can use this Mexican Pot Roast meat in:
Instant Pot Mexican Pot Roast Ingredients
This recipe is so easy that there isn’t a lot of extra tips to share, but we do have a few notes about the ingredients. For the full recipe, with measurements, just scroll down to the end of this post for the printable recipe card.
- Chuck Roast: It’s usually cheaper than other roasts and it is a tougher cut of beef, but it’s perfect for this recipe. It’s a great roast to use when making a dish with your pressure cooker or low and slow in a slow cooker, as it creates tender meat.
- Taco Seasoning: We recommend using a homemade taco seasoning blend, but if you prefer, you can use a packet from the grocery store.
- Diced Tomatoes: For canned tomatoes, we like using Cento brand or fire-roasted diced tomatoes, but you can use whatever brand you prefer or one that fits within your budget.
- Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce: These are sold in a can in the Latin food section of your grocery store, often by the salsa and hot sauce. There are many great brands available. We usually use La Costena or La Morena since this is what our store carries, but any brand should work for you. When measuring, take out one of the chipotle peppers from the can and chop it with a knife. Then, using your measuring spoons measure out 2 tablespoons.
- Beef Broth: Beef broth or beef stock may be used. If you only have chicken broth on hand, you can use this instead.
What Size Instant Pot?
This recipe is completely made in an Instant Pot, which you can find in many stores (Walmart, Target, Amazon, etc). We personally have the Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 and have been very happy with it.
You can definitely make this Instant Pot Mexican Pot Roast recipe is any of the 6
Here’s the full recipe, ready for you to print! If you like this recipe, be sure to share on Facebook or pin it to Pinterest.Print
Instant Pot Mexican Pot Roast Recipe
With only a few ingredients, this easy Instant Pot Mexican Pot Roast recipe creates delicious beef with a flavorful tomato-based sauce.
- Yield: 4 – 5 (with bone-in chuck roast) 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: Mexican
3–4 lb chuck roast
3 tablespoons taco seasoning, divided
2 tablespoons olive oil
28 ounce can diced tomatoes
2 tablespoons chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1 cup beef broth
1. Rub roast with 1 tablespoon taco seasoning on each side. Set electric pressure cooker to sauté function. When hot, add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Place the roast in the pressure cooker to brown on both sides.
2. Temporarily remove roast and add beef stock to the pot. Deglaze the pot using beef stock, scraping until all brown pieces are loosened (not deglazing will cause the pot not to pressurize). Place the roast back into the pot.
3. In a small bowl, combine tomatoes, remaining taco seasoning, chipotle peppers, and vinegar. Pour over roast.
4. Secure lid onto pressure cooker. Set pressure cooker to seal and to pressure cook on high for 50 minutes. Natural release for 10 minutes before quick release.
5. Remove the roast from the pot and place on a plate. Break into pieces (can also shred with two forks, if desired). Keep warm.
6. Meanwhile, set the pressure cooker back to sauté mode and reduce the sauce to a consistency you like, stirring often to avoid burning (we reduce by about half). Pour over meat or serve alongside.
Keywords: shredded meat, shredded, shredded beef, taco meat, chipotle peppers, cinco de mayo, easy, beef, instant pot, instant pot taco meat,