This Red Velvet Pudding Shots Recipe creates the ultimate boozy treat for your Valentine’s Day party! Made with red velvet pudding mix and cake mix, creme de cacao liqueur, and whipped topping.
This recipe is intended for adults of legal drinking age only. This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. We receive a commission if purchases are made through our links to retailers. Click here to read our full disclosure policy.
If you are familiar with Jello Shots, then you probably already know about about their sister: pudding shots.
If you are new to Pudding Shots, let me tell you a bit about them.
While a Jello Shot is booze-infused jello, Pudding Shots are booze-infused pudding. Both are usually served in small plastic cups and both have endless ways you can change them up. You can make them in different flavors, different colors, and use different types of alcohol.
Today we’re sharing an easy-to-make Red Velvet Pudding Shots recipe. This pudding shot has a pretty red-pink color making it a perfect pudding shot for Valentine’s Day.
To make this recipe, you’ll only need 5 ingredients:
- Red Velvet JELL-O instant pudding mix
- red velvet cake mix
- creme de cacoa liqueur
- Whipped Topping (Cool Whip)
In addition to the ingredients, you’ll need 2-ounce plastic cups, which is used for serving the pudding shots in. And while it’s not required, we do recommend that you top your Red Velvet Pudding Shots with some whipped cream and fun Valentine’s Day sprinkles. We used the following, which you can buy online or in stores, like Michaels:
- Wilton Jumbo Heart Sugar Cake Sprinkles
- Wilton Fill Your Heart Sprinkles Mix
- Wilton Micro Hearts Sprinkle Mix Bottle
To make your Red Velvet Pudding Shots, you’ll first place the plastic soufflé cups on a large plate or tray and set aside.
Then, in a large mixing bowl, mix together the red velvet pudding mix, the red velvet cake mix, and the milk. After this is smooth, you’ll mix in the creme de cacao liqueur.
Creme de Cacao is a sweet chocolate liqueur that also a bit of vanilla flavor. This liqueur not only provides the alcohol but also gives your pudding shot some of the
After adding the liqueur, fold in the whipped topping until it’s all incorporated.
Now you are ready to fill the plastic cups that you placed on a tray. Spoon the pudding mixture into the plastic cups and chill overnight or for at least 4 hours.
Before serving, add a dollop of whipped cream and decorate with Valentine sprinkles.
Pudding Shot Tips
- If you are not serving the pudding shots after they are refrigerated for 4 hours, you can place lids on the cups until ready to decorate and serve.
- Decorating with whipped cream and sprinkles should be done shortly before serving.
- If you wish, you can “pipe” (squeeze) the pudding shots mixture into the cups by placing the pudding into a large zipper-style food storage bag, cut off one corner of the bag, and squeeze the pudding into the cups.
- Pudding Shots can be frozen. They can be enjoyed straight from the freezer or you can make your pudding shots in advance and freeze until the morning of the day you plan to serve them.
- While you can eat pudding shots by squeezing the contents of the plastic cup into your mouth, but you may want to serve them with small tasting spoons.
Red Velvet Pudding Shots Recipe
Here’s the full recipe, ready for you to print! If you like this recipe, be sure to share on Facebook or pin it to Pinterest.Print
Red Velvet Pudding Shots Recipe
12 (2 oz) plastic soufflé cups with lids
3 oz box Red Velvet JELL-O instant pudding mix
1/4 cup red velvet cake mix
1 1/2 cups cold milk
1/2 cup creme de cacao liqueur
2 cups Cool Whip, thawed
For Decorating: Whipped cream and Sprinkles
Add the pudding mix and cake mix to a large mixing bowl. Pour in the milk and whisk to combine.
Add the creme de cacao and stir well to incorporate. Fold in the Cool Whip.
Spoon the pudding mixture into the plastic cups and chill overnight or for at least 4 hours. If you are not serving the pudding shots after the 4 hours, you can place lids on the cups until ready to serve.
Before serving, add a generous dollop of whipped cream to eat pudding shot. Sprinkle with Valentine sprinkles.