This Reuben Tortilla Pinwheels Recipe is perfect if you are wanting St. Patrick’s Day party food, or if you just love all the flavors in a Reuben sandwich.
You may be familiar with Sara Moulton from Food Network and other television appearance, as well as her cookbooks. I’ve been watching her for years, so I was quite excited to learn about her newest cookbook, “Everyday Family Dinners“. It’s a cookbook meant for a home cook like me and you — people who want great family-friendly meals.
My Reuben Pinwheels recipe inspired by one of Sara Moulton’s recipes. When I was cruising around Sara’s website, I came across her Reuben Pizza. When thinking about how to make this into a party appetizer, I thought how great these Reuben Sandwich flavors would be rolled up into a tortilla pinwheel recipe.
While I worked on this recipe, my oldest son came into the kitchen. I’m not really paying attention to what he’s doing, but the next thing I know he’s spitting out whatever was in his mouth into his hand and asking ” WHAT IS THAT????”. See, apparently, my son thought the well-drained sauerkraut was the same as the bowl of shredded Swiss cheese I had on the counter. He grabbed a BIG pinch of sauerkraut and popped it in his mouth expecting cheesy goodness. I laughed so hard. I wonder if that will keep him from grabbing the cheese that I’m grating? Probably not.
As with all of the pinwheels I make, there is usually some sort of spread that is applied to the tortilla or wrap. For Reuben Tortilla Pinwheels, I missed up a mixture of cream cheese, Russian dressing, and sauerkraut.
This mixture is spread onto a tortilla, then it’s topped with shredded swiss cheese. If you only have access to sliced swiss cheese, that will work great too.
Next, the swiss cheese is topped with thinly sliced corned beef.
Starting at one edge of the tortilla, begin rolling up the tortilla as tightly as possible without shifting the toppings. Repeat the process with the remaining ingredients. Place all of your rolled up tortillas in the refrigerator, covered, for at least 1 hour. If you are making these in advance of a party, you can leave them in the refrigerator long — making them the day ahead works out great.
After chilling in the refrigerator, remove them and slice into rounds. They can be served laying down on a plate or platter or you can stand them up and insert a toothpick into the tortilla the way we have shown.
Here’s the complete recipe, ready for you to print. If you like this recipe, we’d love for you to share with your friends and family on Facebook or for you to pin it to Pinterest.Print
Here are more recipes inspired by Sara Moulton, by all your favorite food bloggers!
Breakfast for Dinner:
- Open-faced Zucchini Omelet with Red Bell Pepper and Feta by Granny’s Down Home Sassy Southern Cooking
- Chocolate French Toast with Fresh Strawberry Sauce by Daily Dish Recipes
- Polenta Lasagne by Blueberries and Blessings
- Spicy Korean Cheesesteak by Kimchi MOM
- Chorizo Mushroom Bites by La Cocina de Leslie
- Roasted Ratatouille Crêpes with Goat Cheese by Healthy.Delicious.
- Grilled Chicken and Veggie Pizza by Runner’s Tales
- Clay Pot Vegetable Stew by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Grilled Reuben Pizza by Juanita’s Cocina
- Vegetarian Greek Stuffed Zucchini by The Messy Baker Blog
- Manchego, Fig and Bacon Flatbreads by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Kimchi Fried Rice by girlichef
- Gluten Free Mozzarella Pesto Pizza by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Peppery Broccoli with Feta Cheese and Angel Hair Pasta by Hip Foodie Mom
- Chicken Artichoke Piccata by Sustainable Dad
- Reuben Tortilla Pinwheels by Home Cooking Memories
- Deli Style Turkey Reuben Pizza by In The Kitchen with KP
- Grilled Mahi Mahi with Garlic Caper Sauce by Family Foodie
Spectacular Sides and Salads:
- Curried Peas and Black Beans by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chopped Salad with Feta, Chickpeas, and Pita Croutons by Supper for a Steal
- A Summer Salad from Paris by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Caprese Salad with Avocado by Ruffles & Truffles
Don’t Skip Desserts and Drinks:
- Three-Ingredient Pluot Crisp by Shockingly Delicious
- Stuffed Strawberry Dessert by Growing Up Gabel
- Vegan Chocolate Peanut-Butter No Bake Cookies
- Warm Chocolate Cheesecake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Turkish Pistachio and Apricot Bread by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sparkling Watermelon Lemonade by The Urban Mrs.
- Blueberry Crepes by Basic N Delicious
- Nectarine Upside-Down Cake by Magnolia Days
- Cannoli Strawberries by Foxes Love Lemons
- Gluten-Free Carrot Cupcakes by Ninja Baking
- Watermelon Basil Lemonade by Curious Cuisiniere