Love buffalo wings? How about blue cheese? Buffalo Chicken Dip is a mix of both creating a delicious dip for tailgating and parties.
I’ve never been tailgating, so when I learned that this week’s #SundaySupper theme would be tailgating food, I had no clue what to make. I *think* some of the food I cook would be perfect for tailgating, but I started overthinking it, as usual.
I turned to my friends and they helped give me insight into the world of tailgating. They even gave me links to tailgating food on Food Networks site, and more. I quickly realized it wasn’t complicated and it was then that my friend, Amanda, suggested that I made Buffalo Chicken Dip.
I’ve seen recipes around for this, and thought it looked like something we’d really like, but I hadn’t made it yet. I couldn’t think of a better time to try it out, so for this week’s #SundaySupper (hosted by Lane of Supper for a Steal) I decided to go for it and try the ever-so-popular Buffalo Chicken Dip!
I’m so glad I made it, because it’s awesome and exactly how I hoped it would taste — just like a spicy buffalo wing dipped into blue cheese dressing. I based my recipe on the one by FRANK’S REDHOT (one of our favorite products), tweaking it here and there to give it my special touch. We served our Buffalo Chicken Dip with tortilla chips, crackers, and celery sticks — which is my favorite way of enjoy this. If you like buffalo wings and blue cheese, I think you’ll like this.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 4 chicken breasts boneless & skinless
- 2 oz packages cream cheese 8 each, softened
- 1 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- 1 cup FRANK'S® REDHOT® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbled
- 8 ounces colby-jack cheese shredded
- 4 tablespoons green onions finely chopped
Place chicken breasts in a pot large enough to hold them. Cover chicken with water. Heat on high to boiling and then reduce to medium. Cover with lid. Continue to cook for approximately 20 minutes or until fully cooked through (165 degrees F when checked with meat thermometer). Chop into small pieces or shred.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a baking dish (approx 2 1/2 quarts, 12" x 8.5", or 13x9") with non-stick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, place cream cheese. Beat on low with an electric mixer just until cream cheese is creamy. Beat blue cheese dressing into cream cheese on low, just until incorporated. Beat FRANK'S® REDHOT® into cream cheese/dressing mixture on low, just until incorporated. Stir in blue cheese, colby-jack cheese, green onions, and chicken by hand.
Spoon dip mixture into prepared baking dish. Bake in oven until hot, bubbly, and heated through (approximately 20-30 minutes).
Serve with crackers, tortilla chips, or celery sticks.
Recipe Notes--If you wish, you can substitute 4 cans (12.5 oz. each) of chunk chicken breast in water, drained. --Light cream cheese may be used, if you prefer, as well as light dressing and reduced fat cheeses. --Tailgating Tip from Frank's REDHOT website: Prepare dip ahead and place in heavy disposable foil pan. Place pan on grill and heat dip until hot and bubbly.
If you want more delicious tailgating recipes, you’re in luck! Below are the links to lots of other bloggers who are also participating in this week’s #SundaySupper and who are also sharing tailgating foods.
Pre Game Warm-ups:
- Sausage Balls by My Catholic Kitchen
- Edamame Hummus by Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Rueben Dip by The Meltaways
- Buffalo Wing Hummus by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Smokey Guacamole with Bacon by Family Spice
- Pepperoni & Mozzarella Pull Apart by In the Kitchen with KP
- Boneless Honey BBQ Chicken Wings by Juanita’s Cocina
- Candied Pecans by From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Crispy Coconut Chicken Strips with Sweet Chili Sauce by Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Swabian Mini Meatballs (Schwaebische Mini Fleischkuechle) by Galactosemia in PDX
- Joe Montana’s Touchdown Guacamole by Noshing with the Nolands
- Cheddar Cheese Jalapeno Bites by Mama.Mommy.Mom.
- Hot & Spicy Popcorn Chicken by My Trials in the Kitchen
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites by Family Foodie
- Soft Pretzels with Spicy Beer Cheese Sauce by girlichef
- Game Day Loaded Nachos by The Messy Baker
- Buffalo Chicken Dip by Home Cooking Memories
- Southwestern Spring Rolls by Supper for a Steal
- Pepperoni Pizza Puffs by Comfy Cuisine
- Roasted Garlic Bacon Dip with Easy Homemade Tortilla Chips by Daily Dish Recipes
- Beer Battered Spiced Sweet Potato Lentil Fritters by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Indian Spiced Chicken Meatballs by Soni’s Food for Thought
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers by Real Best Recipe
On the Sidelines:
- Anne’s Best Potato Salad with Bacon and Peas by Webicurean
- Simple Roasted Purple Potatoes by Ruffles and Truffles
- Spicy BBQ Baked Beans by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Papa’s Potato Salad & Baked Beans by Kwistin’s Favorites
- Gluten Free Breakfast Sandwich by Cooking Underwriter
- Pollo Adobado con Papas (Adobo Chicken with Potatoes) by La Cocina de Leslie
- Poor Man’s Burrito by Shockingly Delicious
- Ham and Mushroom Handpies by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Individual Muffuletta Sandwiches by Magnolia Days
- Far East Steak Salad by Diabetic Foodie
- Italian Sloppy Joes by The Weekend Gourmet
- Hot Chicken Chili by Momma’s Meals
- Louisiana Sloppy Joes by Sustainable Dad
- Hawaiian Chicken Wraps by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Grandpa Sal’s Sausage and Peppers by Daddy Knows Less
- Fancy Filet Chili by I Run for Wine
- Homemade Italian Sausage by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Jalapeno Crockpot Chili by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Flavorful Fall Marinade by Midlife Road Trip
- Moose Chili by Mrs. Mama Hen
- Peanut Butter-Stuffed Chocolate Cookies by Chocolate Moosey
- Streusel Topped Pumpkin Bread by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Zucchini Cupcakes by In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Oven-Baked Churros by Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Swirl Nutella Cupcakes by Basic N Delicious
- Peanut Butter and Pretzel Truffles by Gotta Get Baked
From the Cooler:
- Sparkling Tropical Lemonade by Dinners. Dishes, and Desserts
- Strawberry Horchata by Damn Delicious
- MVP Bloody Mary Bar by An Appealing Plan
- Wine Pairings by Wine Everyday
And don’t forget to join us on today (Sunday) as we share our favorite tailgate recipes and tips. Hop on twitter at 7pm EST for the live #SundaySupper chat.