Easy Breakfast Fajita Pitas are an on-the-go breakfast idea that combines scrambled eggs with tex-mex flair! Add your favorite toppings to make it your own.
Disclaimer: This post and giveaway are sponsored on behalf of DuPont Teflon
Happy National Egg Month! I’ve made my love of eggs well known — I’ve even given them a prominent spot in my Instagram bio. I’ve also shared quite a few egg recipes here on my blog…without realizing how I often I had.
To celebrate National Egg Month this year, I’m sharing a recipe that includes both eggs, but also my love of tex-mex food. It’s sort of like a breakfast burrito, but instead everything is stuffed into a handy pita bread, which is super convenient for taking breakfast-on-the-go.
I think my Breakfast Fajita Pitas are a great alone for a National Egg Month celebration, but why don’t we make it more of a party in this post. Who’s interested in a giveaway for a Farberware Premium Professional12-Piece Cookware Set with Teflon® nonstick coating??
As part of my ambassadorship with Teflon, I was sent this Farberware Cookware Set with Teflon®. It’s a great red color, which I LOVE and matches my kitchen perfectly. It also has glass lids, which is a must for my cooking.
These best part, though, is the Teflon SmartGlide™ System which is safe for metal utensils. Yep, you can use your metal spatula or spoons without worry. That alone should make you want this set. It’s makes my life so much easier – do you know how many times I’ve had to tell my kids to not use metal in my Teflon pans? I can’t even count how many times. Too bad we can’t go back in time with this set. And, here’s another lifesaver: clean up is SO easy with this set too.
I know you all are going to want this cookware, which is why I’m giving away a set to one of you in honor of National Egg Month! If you want your chance to win your own Farberware Premium Professional 12-Piece Cookware Set with Teflon® nonstick coating , be sure to enter on the Rafflecopter at the end of this post by May 31st.
To make Breakfast Fajita Pitas, you are going to saute some bell peppers and onions until tender crisp.
Seasoned scrambled eggs are also cooked. If you wish wash only one pan, you could cook your peppers and then remove them from the pan and cook the eggs in that same pan. I actually cooked both at the same time, in two separate pans to save on time.
After both the eggs and the veggies are cooked, they are combined together in the pan.
Cut a pita bread in half and open one half to form a little pocket. Fill it with some of the egg and veggie fajita mixture and then you can top with any additional toppings.
Just like with fajitas, you can top it with whatever you like. Some ideas are shredded or crumbled cheese, salsa, chopped tomatoes, sour cream, avocado, and cilantro.
Here’s the complete recipe — if you aren’t ready for it yet, be sure to save it one of your Pinterest boards for safe-keeping.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2-3 pocket pita breads (5-6" diameter), halved
- Optional toppings: shredded cheese (cheddar, monterey jack, etc), crumbled cheeses (queso fresco, cotija, feta, etc), sour cream, salsa, avocado, cilantro, tomatoes, etc.
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. When oil and pan are hot, add peppers and onions and cook them until they are tender-crisp. Turn off heat and remove veggies from the pan to a bowl or plate so that the pan can be used to cook the eggs.
- In a bowl, beat together eggs and milk. Beat in chili powder and garlic powder. Melt butter in the nonstick frying pan over medium heat. When butter is melted and pan is hot, pour in egg mixture. As eggs start to cook, push, pull, and fold eggs with a spatula frequently until all egg is cooked and no liquid remains (but don't overcook ). Turn off heat. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Add the cooked peppers and onions to the eggs, gently folding them together.
- Fill each pocket pita bread with desired amount of egg/veggie mixture. Top with optional toppings and enjoy!
--The actual number of pitas you will get will vary on how large your eggs and bell peppers are. It also varies on how full you fill the pitas. We were able to get 5-6 pockets full, but it's possible you could end up with as few as 4.
Now, who’s ready for the giveaway?? One Home Cooking Memories reader will win the 12-piece Farberware Cookware Set! Just enter on the Rafflecopter below — the only required entry is to leave me a comment telling me what your favorite way to enjoy eggs is. Want even MORE chances to win?? I’ve given you lots of extra ways in the Rafflecopter, but Teflon is also giving away daily and weekly prizes on their Facebook page in their National Egg Month Sweepstakes . Scroll down below the Rafflecopter to get the details to that! Good luck everyone!
To increase your chances of winning some new cookware with Teflon, you can also enter the National Egg Month Sweepstakes. Visit Teflon®’s Facebook page until May 31 and you can sign up to win daily prizes such as Farberware Nonstick Aluminum Triple Pack Skillets and Farberware Premium Professional Dishwasher Safe 11″ Square Griddle. If you refer friends, you’ll be entered to win a weekly grand prize of the Farberware Premium Professional Dishwasher Safe 12 Piece Cookware Set.
You’ll also see that Teflon has share a fun quiz titled “What does your egg say about you?” Select your favorite type of egg and it will tell you your “egg personality.” I had a hard time picking just one, but which one do you think I picked? I’ll give you a hint — it said I’m a “traditionalist and prefer to stick to a routine.” I don’t know if I’m completely traditional, but I do like to stick to a routine!