This Quick & Easy Caprese Chickpea Salad Recipe is a delicious and simple salad that only needs 5 ingredients. Wonderful as a side dish or as a quick lunch idea.
Years ago, I had learned of traditional caprese salads – a simple Italian salad with slices of ripe tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and fresh basil. It’s seasoned up with salt, pepper, and olive oil. Sometimes balsamic vinegar is used. It’s a beautiful salad, full of great colors.
While I could appreciate the beauty of the traditional caprese salad, I avoided it. Why would I choose a caprese salad with only a few simple ingredients when I could have another type of salad with all sorts of my favorite toppings?
Of course, these were my thoughts before I tried it. When I finally gave the caprese salad a try, I felt in absolute love with it. The simple ingredients of it are pure perfection. You don’t need lots of other toppings because it’s that good.
Ever since giving caprese salad a chance, I’ve also fallen for other non-traditional ways of having those amazing flavors. Such as my Caprese Tortilla Pizzas recipe or my Grilled Caprese Zucchini Boats recipe.
Today I’m sharing yet another idea with you: Easy Caprese Chickpea Salad Recipe.
Just like a traditional caprese salad, the ingredients are simple: chickpeas, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, basil, balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper. Just mix them up and it’s ready to enjoy.
It’s good as a easy side dish along with your favorite dinner or as a quick lunch.
Easy Caprese Chickpea Salad Recipe
Ready for the recipe? Here’s the recipe, ready for you to print. Not ready for it yet? Be sure to save it to one of your Pinterest boards for safe keeping.
- ½ C. fresh mozzarella, cut into small chunks (more if you love cheese)
- ½ C. grape or cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1-2 tbs. balsamic vinegar
- ¼ C. fresh basil, chopped
- 15.5 oz can of chickpeas/garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- salt & pepper to taste
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas.
- Combine all the ingredients into a medium size bowl mixing well.
- Add in the balsamic vinegar 1 tablespoon at a time (to taste).
- Salt & pepper.
- *Makes approximately 2-3 servings. i make this for an easy go-to lunch and store the rest covered in the fridge until needed.