This Easy Blueberry Crunch Dump Cake recipe is so simple to make! You dump all the ingredients together, then bake, and you have a delicious dessert perfect for everything from a family celebrations to holidays.
Disclosure: This post contains sponsored affiliate linking which helps to support the work on this blog.
Most of the recipes I share on my blog have no connections to the world of music. This Easy Blueberry Crunch Dump Cake recipe would be the one exception.
When Justin Timberlake’s 20/20 Experience CD came out in 2013, I decided to have some fun and make a night of it with the kids – who are some of his biggest fans. Since JT is from Memphis, Tennessee, I planned a homemade macaroni and cheese — a favorite side dish at most BBQ joints in the south — and a dessert.
I considered making a Banana Pudding since it’s a favorite easy dessert in the south, but after a bit of searching, I found my answer: Blueberry Crunch Cake. I found it on the Good Morning America’s website and it was said to be Justin Timberlake’s grandmother’s recipe. Figuring that she must have made this for him a few times, I decided that it had to be made to complete our fun night.
Now, if you are familiar with dump cake recipes, then you know that they are easy — you just dump, or layer, the ingredients together. It’s such an easy dessert and SOOOO, SOOOO good.
To start, you dump a can of crushed pineapple in the bottom of your baking dish. Blueberries, mixed with some sugar, are then sprinkled on top of the pineapple.
The dry yellow cake mix is sprinkled on top of the blueberries. A stick of melted butter is drizzled over the top and then a sprinkle with chopped pecans. It’s baked in the oven where it works it’s magic!
After it’s done baking and cooled, you spoon this cake into bowls or onto plates. You can eat it just like that, or top with whipped cream or even some vanilla ice cream. I went with the whipped cream and I may, or may not have, had slightly more whipped cream that this photo shows.
Easy Blueberry Crunch Dump Cake Recipe
Here’s the recipe — all ready for your to print. Not ready for it yet? Be sure to save to one of your Pinterest boards for safekeeping.
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 11 ounces blueberries
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 can crushed pineapple, undrained (20 ounce)
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 stick butter, melted (1/2 cup)
- Optional: whipped cream or vanilla ice cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13x9" baking dish. In a bowl, combine blueberries with 1 tablespoon melted butter. Sprinkle with sugar and gently coat blueberries with the sugar.
- Pour pineapple into the bottom of the baking dish evenly. Sprinkle blueberries and sugar evenly over pineapple. Sprinkle dry yellow cake mix evenly on top of blueberries. Drizzle melted stick of butter on top of cake mix. Sprinkle pecans on top of cake mix/butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes or until top is browned.
Adapted from Justin Timberlake’s Blueberry Crunch Cake