Calling all peanut butter fans! This Peanut Butter and Banana Yogurt Pops recipe is healthy, easy-to-make, and you’ll only need 4 simple ingredients.
Did anyone else feel like the summer was just a blur? Where did it all go? I seriously feel like it just got started a couple weeks ago. But, even still, we did have plenty of fun and I’m ready to see it go and to move onto Autumn. Sure, we still have a bit to go before full fall-mode hits, but once August arrived, minds were definitely onto back-to-school. Have you taken a look at Pinterest lately? Everyone (including me!) is pinning back-to-school ideas.
For the month of August, the #12Bloggers team (myself and 11 other awesome bloggers) are sharing recipes with the theme of Back-to-School Snacks. Some are easily portable and can be packed for school lunches. Others are perfect for an afterschool snack.
Want the links to all these Back-to-School Snack recipes? Just check the bottom of this post!
For my contribution, I am sharing Peanut Butter and Banana Yogurt Pops – a healthy frozen yogurt popsicle that has only 4 ingredients. The entire mixture is made in a food processor too, which makes these really easy to throw together. You could make up a batch the night before, freeze them, and by the time the kids get home from school, they will be ready to go!
These Peanut Butter and Banana Yogurt Pops are insanely delicious and so perfect for anyone that loves peanut butter. Nearly everyone in my house is madly, deeply in love with peanut butter so these were a HUGE hit in my house.
Check out how easy they are — everything is placed into your food processor bowl, except the honey. If you don’t have a food processor, you might be able to use a hand mixer or possibly a blender, but your results might vary from mine.
It’s processed until very smooth. Then, give it a taste. If you want it a bit sweeter, add some honey. I added 2 tablespoons to my recipe, which I think was perfect, but if you prefer to not add any honey, these will still taste great. Of course, the riper your bananas are, the sweeter these will be too.
Spoon the mixture into popsicle molds. I have the Norpro Ice Pop Maker, which I love because I can make up to 10 popsicles at once and I can use wooden popsicle sticks, which I prefer over plastic ones. Give the bottom of the popsicle holder a few taps on the kitchen counter (this helps air bubbles to come to the surface) and add your sticks according to the instructions of your pop mold. Now they are ready to freeze! Place in freezer and freeze until frozen.
- 3 bananas
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup plain yogurt (I used non-fat, you can use other varieties)
- 2 tablespoons honey (optional - feel free to adjust according to taste)
- Place all ingredients, except the honey, into your food processor bowl. Process until very smooth.
- Taste test the mixture and add honey according to taste (I used 2 tablespoons).
- Spoon the mixture into popsicle molds and add sticks according to the instructions of your popsicle mold. Place in freezer and freeze until frozen (overnight is best).
Now that you have my Peanut Butter and Banana Yogurt Pops recipe, go check out the rest of the #12Bloggers to get their Back-to-School Snack recipes! There is so much good stuff here!
- Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus from Stephie Cooks
- Pizza & Buffalo Wing Bites from BetsyLife
- Peanut Butter and Banana Yogurt Pops from Home Cooking Memories
- Pita Nachos from A Little Claireification
- Lemon Blueberry Zucchini Muffins from The Rebel Chick
- Easy Cinnamon Fruit Cup from Million Moments
- Loaded Pizza Pinwheels from A Night Owl Blog
- How to Pop Popcorn in a Brown Paper Bag in the Microwave from Bless This Mess Please
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Coconut Bites from Mom Endeavors
- Green Smoothie from See Vanessa Craft
- No-Bake Almond Protein Bites from Around My Family Table
- Banana Roll Ups from Plugged In Family