Need an easy summer party food? These Watermelon Havarti Bites are quick to make and sure to be devoured by everyone.
It’s the end of summer and I feel like we’ve had watermelon A LOT. My kids never get tired of it though, and who can resist how good it tastes? And the prices? So cheap! Needless to say, we have watermelon in our fridge more often than not during the summer months.
I wanted a clean and light party food for our Memorial Day cook out and considered watermelon and feta bites. I personally love the combo of watermelon and feta cheese, but half of my family isn’t a fan of it. I wanted these to be something they could enjoy too, so I used havarti cheese instead. Totally different cheese, but it must have worked because I didn’t have a single leftover.
Oh, and did I tell you how easy these are to make? You guys know me…I like easy.
To make them, cube seedless watermelon into bite-size pieces. Give the watermelon a light sprinkle with some course sea salt. Take sliced Havarti cheese (I used Kraft Natural Slices) and cut each slice into strips about the width of your cubes. I cut each slice into 5 strips.
Place one of the Havarti cheese strips on top of the watermelon cube, folding it back and forth so it will fit perfectly on top of the watermelon cube.
Then, add a bit of lettuce or a mint leaf and skewer with a toothpick. I recommend assembling not much before serving.
Place your Watermelon Havarti Bites on a serving plate and enjoy!
- Seedless Watermelon
- Kraft Havarti Natural Cheese Slices (approx 1 slice per 5 watermelon bites)
- Mint leaves or small lettuce pieces
- Course sea salt
- Cut watermelon into bite size cubes. Lightly sprinkle watermelon cubes with salt.
- Cut cheese slices into strips that are approximately the width of your watermelon cubes. Fold 1 strip of cheese on top of 1 watermelon cube.
- Place mint leaf or small lettuce piece on top of cheese. Skewer with toothpick. Set on plate or serving tray and serve.
Disclosure: I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias® and Neptune Retail for Vons #cbias #SocialFabric #EverydayDairy