This White Chocolate & Ginger Chip Cookies recipe is a simple drop cookie dough that bakes up delicious, soft cookies with bursts of spicy ginger.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read our full disclosure policy.
My husband and youngest son absolutely love ginger. Whether it’s ginger ale, gingerbread, or ginger in a stir-fry, they’re crazy about it. A few months ago, while shopping at World Market, I came across crystallized ginger chips in a bag. I had previously bought large pieces of crystallized ginger and used those in recipes, but this was the first time that I had seen perfect chip size pieces of ginger.
We bought a bag of those ginger chips and I first used them as part of my Moroccan Spiced Mint Tea Juleps recipe. We’ve snacked on quite a few of those ginger chips, but it there was still enough leftover to make another treat or two, like these White Chocolate & Ginger Chip Cookies.
This White Chocolate & Ginger Chip Cookies recipe is super simple to make. It uses many of the usual ingredients you probably already have in your pantry, as well as butter and eggs.
White chocolate pairs together deliciously with ginger, so you’ll mix in about 6 ounces of white chocolate chips. If white chocolate isn’t your thing, you could substitute with dark chocolate chips with good results too. After your cookie dough is mixed up, you’ll drop the dough by spoonfuls onto your cookie sheet for baking.
The final result is a somewhat soft cookie, with creamy white chocolate and bits of crystallized ginger baked right inside. I’ve made several batches over time and they’ve always been a favorite, especially at cookie exchanges.
White Chocolate & Ginger Chip Cookies Recipe
Here’s the full recipe, ready for you to print, bake, and enjoy! If you aren’t ready to make these cookies yet, be sure to pin to one of your Pinterest boards so you can find it easily.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 6 ounces white chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup crystallized ginger chips
- Heat over to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, ground ginger, and baking soda.
- In a separate large bowl with a hand mixer, or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the sugars and butter on medium until combined. Add egg and milk and beat until smooth. On low, mix in the flour mixture in small batch until combined with butter mixture.
- By hand, stir in white chocolate chips, pecans, and crystallized ginger chips.
- Drop dough by spoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet and allow to cool on a wire rack.
--Recipe adapted from Ocean Spray Cranberry Ginger Drop Cookies
--Makes about 3½ dozen cookies