This Artichoke Bacon Pinwheels recipe is an easy appetizer that gets you out of the kitchen fast.
My history with sports is pretty much non-existent. My dad didn’t watch sports — he was much happier watching a World World II documentary than watching a football or basketball game. We did watch some of the 1988 World Series games together – Dodgers vs Oakland A’s. I love that memory with my dad, but that was about it when it came to sports.
I didn’t have my first real exposure to families (and women) who watched sports until I was dating my soon-to-be husband and started spending time at his grandmother’s house.
My husband and his family used to watch lots of NFL. His grandmother was pretty hardcore about her favorite teams. I hung around and watched some of it with them, but never really caught on to how the game is played. Of course, this was all before the Rams and Raiders left Los Angeles in 1994. When they left, my husband decided he didn’t have a NFL team to cheer for anymore (it’s still a sore subject in our house). He still watches various NFL games, but usually just watches whatever team happens to be playing and cheers for the underdog.
Today, I still don’t watch much football. I will watch some baseball, as that’s my favorite. But while I still don’t watch sports very much, I still serve a very important purpose during the games: I feed people. I like feeding them a lot more than watching the game. And they like being fed. It’s a win/win.
Today, I’m sharing an easy appetizer recipe that is great for any game day: Artichoke Bacon Pinwheels recipe. They are AWESOME and I can get in trouble with them if I don’t watch myself — just can’t resist pinwheels recipes with cream cheese! Plus, I love artichoke hearts and then you add in bacon? OH YES.
To make your Artichoke Bacon Pinwheels, you’ll first blend together cream cheese, dry ranch dressing mix, and shredded Parmesan cheese.
The mixture is spread on a unrolled can of refrigerated crescent dough. I bought the Pillsbury® Crescent Recipe Creations Seamless Dough Sheet, which is great for this recipe. If you can’t find that in your stores, you can use the regular can of refrigerated crescent roll dough and pinch and smoosh together the seams so that there is no holes.
The cream cheese mixture is topped with the chopped artichoke hearts and bacon. Then, give the ingredients a gentle pat to help them hold onto the cream cheese mixture.
NOTE: The pieces in this photos are larger than what I usually usually do. There is nothing wrong with doing the pieces larger like this, but over the last few times I’ve made these, I’ve chopped the artichokes and bacon more finely and liked that result more.
Everything is rolled up, starting at one of the short ends.
Cut the roll in half and then each half into 4 pieces. Place each of the slices onto a baking sheet that has been greased or lined with parchment paper. Then, into the oven they go!
Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Let them cool down a bit and then they are ready to serve! I think they are best slightly warm, but you can eat them cold, if you prefer.
Artichoke Bacon Pinwheels RecipePrint
Artichoke Bacon Pinwheels
This Artichoke Bacon Pinwheels recipe is an easy game day appetizer that won’t have you going into overtime in the kitchen!
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 packet ranch dressing mix (I used Hidden Valley Ranch)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 ounces bacon (cooked, drained, and crumbled)
- 1 ounce can artichoke hearts (14- each, drained and finely chopped)
- 2 oz cans refrigerated crescent roll dough or seamless dough sheet (8, I used Pillsbury)
- Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, beat together cream cheese, ranch dressing mix, and Parmesan cheese.
- Unroll a can of crescent dinner roll dough or seamless dough sheet. If using crescent dinner roll dough, pinch and push together seams, so there is no holes and just one large dough sheet. Repeat with 2nd can of dough.
- Spread 1/2 of cream cheese mixture evenly on each of the dough sheets. Sprinkle each one with half of the bacon and artichoke hearts. Gently pat bacon and artichoke hearts into the cream cheese mixture.
- Starting with one of the short sides of the dough, roll up dough, keeping ingredients tucked into the roll. When completely rolled, press and seal remaining edge into the roll.
- Cut each roll in half with a sharp knife. Cut each half into 4 slices. Place slices on baking sheet, about 2″ apart. If you need more room, use a 2nd baking sheet or bake only 8 slices at a time. Bake about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly and serve!
Keywords: 6 ingredients, artichoke hearts, parmesan cheese, cream cheese, refrigerated crescent roll dough, game day, ranch dressing mix,
Want more game day recipes?
Check out the links below for lots of options for your next game day. Everything from chicken wings to dips to finger foods. There’s something for everyone!
- Buffalo Chicken Twice Baked Potatoes from A Night Owl Blog
- BLT Dip from BetsyLife
- Artichoke Bacon Pinwheels from Home Cooking Memories
- Chicken Parmesan Bites from A Little Claireification
- Deviled Eggs from The Rebel Chick
- Ten Minute Mozzarella Sticks from Million Moments
- Avocado Bruschetta from Bless This Mess Please
- Slow Cooker Apricot BBQ Chicken Wings from Mom Endeavors
- Bacon Ranch Cream Cheese Roll-Ups from Stephie Cooks
- Tailgating Texas Caviar from See Vanessa Craft
- Margarita Lime Baked Chicken Wings from Around My Family Table
- End Zone Cheese Dip from Plugged In Family