My niece makes a yummy dessert that she calls cheesecake sopapillas. She uses crescent rolls and cream cheese and an assortment of other ingredients. She’s really good at making it and it’s a treat that our whole family enjoys.
When she makes them, my husband and I like to have a cup of coffee with them. I was recently invited to try out Smart & Final’s Ambiance line of coffee products, and I thought this would be a great time to try my own version of Courtney’s sopapillas. With her permission (and supervision), I adapted her recipe and came up with what I call Coffee Cheesecake Sopapillas, which includes brewed Ambiance coffee as one of the ingredients.
Creating Coffee Cheesecake Sopapillas is very simple. Some of the ingredients you’ll need are crescent rolls, sugar, cream cheese, brewed double-strength Ambiance French Vanilla coffee, cinnamon (I prefer the Ambiance Cinnamon Hot Beverage Sprinkles). You can view photos from my shopping trip here: Smart & Final Ambiance #MyBaristaMoment Shopping.
Coffee Cheesecake Sopapillas are layered in a baking dish. The first layer is one package of the crescent rolls, pressed out into a single layer on the bottom of the baking dish. The cream cheese is whipped with other ingredients, including the Ambiance coffee, and then this is layered on top of the crescent rolls. Then, the other package of crescent rolls is laid on top of the cream cheese mixture.
Melted butter is poured on the top of the second layer of crescent rolls and then it is sprinkled with a cinnamon-sugar mixture. Then, it’s baked in the oven. When it’s finished, you allow it to cool completely and then cut into squares.
This was my first time using Smart and Final’s Ambiance product line and I was very happy with it. I enjoy vanilla flavored creamers in my coffee, so using the Ambiance French Vanilla coffee was a fun change. I got plenty of vanilla flavor without adding a creamer to my coffee.
The Ambiance Vanilla Hot Beverage Sprinkles were also a favorite of mine. My husband thinks the Cinnamon Hot Beverage Sprinkles are the greatest thing ever — we both love shaking the sprinkles into our coffee for extra flavor. The kids have been using them with their hot chocolate too.
Here’s the complete recipe:Print
Coffee Cheesecake Sopapillas
- 2 packages crescent rolls
- 2 -8 oz packages cream cheese (softened)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar (divided)
- 1/4 cup double-strength brewed Ambiance French Vanilla coffee
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon (I used Ambiance Cinnamon Hot Beverage Sprinkles)
- Preheat oven to 350 degress F. Grease an 8.5×11″ baking dish. In a small bowl, mix together 1/2 cup of sugar and the cinnamon; set aside.
- Open and unroll 1 package of crescent rolls and lay in the bottom of your prepared baking dish, so the bottom is completely covered. Press together any holes or seams.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, coffee, and flour. Beat until combined. Beat in egg, just until blended in. Spread mixture evenly on top of the rolls in the prepared baking dish.
- Open and unroll the other package of crescent rolls and place on a clean counter or cutting board. Press together any holes or seams. If needed, you can work with one half of the rolls and the other half separately. Lay the crescent rolls on top of the cream cheese mixture. Rolls should extend to all edges of the baking dish and if necessary, you’ll want to press together any seams or holes that appear.
- Pour the melted butter on top of the crescent rolls. Sprinkle evenly with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Cut into squares and serve.
Note: This project has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for #collectivebias #CBias All opinions, as always, are 100% my own.