These Easy Football Twinkies on a Stick are a quick & easy game day treat! Fun for football fans of all ages!
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read our full disclosure policy.
The star of these Easy Football Twinkies on a Stick is Hostess Chocolate Cake Twinkies. Unlike the usual golden sponge cake Twinkies, these ones are made with chocolate cake. Because of this, you don’t have to dip them in chocolate to get the brown look of a football – quick & easy! The work is already done for you.
If you have trouble finding them, you could also use the golden sponge cake Twinkies and dip them in melted chocolate. Not quite as easy as using the chocolate cake Twinkies, but delicious!
In addition to the Chocolate Cake Twinkies, you’ll need:
To give the look of grass, you may also want green cupcake liners for placing your Football Twinkies on a Stick on. This is completely optional though.
To get started, place a decorating pastry bag into a tall glass and fold the sides of the top of the bag over the top of the glass. Fill the bag with about 1 cup of vanilla frosting, twist the top of the bag to keep the frosting in the bag and cut a small tip off the bottom point of the bag.
TIP: Cut only a small amount of the tip. It’s always better to cut off a tiny bit because you can always cut off more if the hole isn’t large enough. However, if you cut too much off, the hole will be too large and you’ll have to start with a new pastry bag.
Next, unwrap your Chocolate Cake Twinkies. Place a lollipop stick into each one of the ends.
Using your frosting-filled decorating bag draw a thin white frosting line onto the center of each Chocolate Cake Twinkie.
Then add 2 half circles onto each end with the frosting, like pictured below. Complete the look by using the frosting to draw about 4 stitches across the thin white line that you drew in the center.
Here is the full instructions, ready for you to print. Not ready to make these yet? Be sure to save to your Facebook wall or one of your Pinterest boards for safekeeping!Print
Football Twinkies on a Stick
- Chocolate Cake Twinkies
- vanilla frosting
- decorating pastry bag
- lollipop sticks
- green cupcake liners (optional)
- Unwrap your Twinkies, place a lollipop stick into the bottom.
- Place a decorating pastry bag into a tall glass and fold the sides of the bag over the top of the glass.
- Fill the decorating pastry bag with about 1 cup of vanilla frosting. Twist the top of the bag to keep the frosting in the bag and cut a small tip off the bottom point of the bag.
- Place an unwrapped Twinkie on the work space in front of you, laying the Twinkie vertically. Using your decorating bag draw a thin white frosting line vertically onto the center of each chocolate cake Twinkie, approximately 2″ long.
- Using the decorating bag, pipe 2 half circles on the top of the Twinkie, one at each end.
- Use the frosting to draw about 4 “stitches”. These should be short lines, placed evenly spaced & horizontally across the first white line.