No matter what time of the year it is, Rum Cake will be a hit with your loved ones! Here we will show you how to make this delicious cake!
This recipe is intended for adults of legal drinking age only. This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. We receive a commission if purchases are made through our links to retailers. Click here to read our full disclosure policy.
Rum Cake is a very popular dessert to make, enjoy, and give as a gift. It is very common to have it during the holidays but our family loves to have it throughout the year. This cake is rich and sweet. It pairs perfectly with a cup of coffee!
Another reason we love this recipe is how easy it is to make! Since it is made with a boxed cake mix, it makes the prep time fast! With the prep and cook time, it will take a little over an hour to make!
Looking for another Bundt Cake recipe? Check out our Glazed Butter Pecan Bundt Cake recipe!
Can you get drunk on Rum Cake?
It depends on how much of the cake you eat. The 1/2 cup of Rum inside of the cake will cook off in the oven but there is 1/4 cup of Rum in the glaze. If you eat more than two slices, there is a chance you will feel the liquor.
You can always use a Non-Alcoholic Rum if you don’t want the cake to be spiked. It will have just a rum taste. If you want to skip the rum flavor in the glaze, we recommend making a simple glaze. The recipe for the glaze here would work perfectly.
Ingredients for Rum Cake:
- Walnuts (Chopped)
- Yellow or Golden Cake Mix (15.25oz)
- Instant Vanilla Pudding (3.4oz)
- Non-Alcoholic Light Rum
Ingredients for the Hot Rum Glaze:
Cooking Equipment needed for Rum Cake:
- Bundt Cake Pan
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Hand Mixer
- Rubber Spatula
- Wire Rack
- Cake or Serving Plate
- Pastry Brush
How to make Rum Cake:
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF
2. Spray Bundt Cake Pan with non-stick cooking spray and coat with flour. Shake off any excess flour.
3. Spread nuts evenly into the pan.
4. In a large bowl, mix Cake Mix, Pudding Mix, Eggs, Rum, Oil, and Water until smooth.
5. Spread evenly into the pan on top of the nuts.
6. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
7. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 20-30 minutes.
11. Remove the cake from the pan onto a cake or serving plate.
12. Brush glaze over the cake using a pastry brush, allowing it to soak in as much as possible.
13. Let the cake rest for 1 hour.
14. Serve immediately.
15. Store leftovers in an airtight container.
How to make Hot Rum Glaze:
1. In a saucepan, combine Sugar, Butter, and Water.
2. Bring to a boil over medium heat and allow to gently boil for 4-5 minutes or until thickened.
3. Remove from heat and stir in rum.Print