Sugared Cranberries are an easy sweet topping that you can make fast and add to your holiday drinks and treats! Here we will show you have to make it!
This post contains affiliate links that we may earn us compensation. Click here to read our full disclosure policy.
Cranberries are one of my favorite ingredients to use during Thanksgiving and Christmas. I love making my 3-ingredient Cranberry Sauce for Turkey day but during December, I love making cocktails using cranberries and these sugared ones add a sweet twist to my drinks!
Ingredients for Sparkling Sugared Cranberries Recipe
- Granulated Sugar
- Fresh Cranberries
What can you use the cranberries for?
You can also top it on cupcakes or a cake for a beautiful decoration!
How to make Sparkling Sugared Cranberries:
1. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Add 1 cup granulated sugar to a large plastic bag with a seal. Set aside.
2. Add 1 cup water and 1 cup granulated sugar to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir occasionally, until the sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
3. Add the cranberries to the simple syrup and gently toss to coat evenly.
4. Spoon the cranberries into the plastic bag with sugar and seal tightly. Shake! Shake! Shake!
5. Pour the sugar covered cranberries onto the lined cookie sheet and chill for 2 hours.
6. Once hardened, store the cranberries in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.