Grinch Lime Sherbet Floats are an easy and quick dessert that will be perfect to have while watching How the Grinch Stole Christmas this Holiday season! Here we will show how to make this treat that your family will love!
This post contains affiliate links that we may earn us compensation. Click here to read our full disclosure policy.
How the Grinch Stole Christmas is one of my favorite Christmas movies! I personally love Jim Carrey’s version best but the animated one still holds a special part in my heart.
While watching the movie, you can pop some popcorn or make some Grinch-themed cookies but my favorite thing to make for our yearly watch of the movie is these super easy Grinch Ice Cream Floats!
What you need for the Grinch Lime Sherbet Floats:
- Lime Sherbet: The green color sherbet will match Grinch
- Lemon Lime Soda: The clear soda will make sure you can see the green sherbet.
- White Frosting: This will spread on the rim of the glass to help the sugar stick
- Red-colored sugar: The red sugar will be around the rim of the glass. It will match the Grinch’s heart that grows at the movie’s end.
- Ice Cream Float glasses: You can use any cup you want while making these floats but we recommend a clear ice cream float glass to showcase how cute these floats are!
- Other Grinch decorations: This step is optional. We used a green straw with a red heart straw decor but here are some cute Grinch Straws that would be great, too!
These Christmas Candy Cane cookies are a perfect treat to pair with these floats!
How to make The Grinch Lime Sherbet Floats:
1. You will need to decorate the glasses before making the floats. You will place a small amount of White Frosting in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 5-10 seconds, just long enough to soften the frosting enough to dip the glass.
2. Dip the rim of the glass into the frosting and immediately dip into the red-colored sugar
3. Add 2-3 scoops of Lime Sherbet to the glass
4. Pour Lemon Lime Soda slowly over the sherbet
5. Add a festive straw and serve!Print