This Greek Tuna Salad Wraps recipe? It’s nothing like the tuna I grew up with.
When I was growing up, we always had tons of tuna in the cupboard, as it was one of my dad’s favorites. He could eat it everyday and at points and times, he did. Occasionally, tuna salad sandwiches would also be our lunch, which my dad made simply with mayo and pickle relish.
Two other common uses for tuna in our house were tuna melts and tuna noodle casserole. The tuna melts were made exactly like the tuna salad sandwiches, except they were open-face and topped with an American cheese slice. The tuna noodle casserole was made with cream of mushroom soup and peas and was topped with crushed saltine crackers.
Yeah, like I said, this Greek Tuna Salad Wrap recipe is NOTHING like the tuna I grew up with.
The only thing it has in common is that it’s made with canned tuna and that it is also easy, just like the tuna salad of my childhood. Everything else is completely, and deliciously, different.
One notable difference: no mayonnaise. I use mayo regularly, but I’m also not a huge mayo fan. Rather than mayo, this recipe uses Greek yogurt. So many people use Greek yogurt instead of mayo, but I’ve had the hardest time accepting it as a substitute. But, this worked for me! I love the way it tastes and could happily eat it everyday. This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
In addition to Green yogurt, this Greek Tuna Salad Wrap recipe includes kalamata olives and feta cheese. And a few other ingredients. It’s all mixed up in any old bowl you’ve got on hand. I love pretty much all vintage Pyrex bowls – anyone else have these same bowls??
On a tortilla or sandwich wrap, lay a bed of fresh baby spinach down. Top the spinach with sliced tomatoes.
Spoon your Greek Tuna Salad on top of the tomatoes.
And then roll is up! Your yummy Greek Tuna Salad Wrap is ready! Enjoy at home or pack for lunch at work or school. I served it with some potato chips in these photos, but wouldn’t this be DELICIOUS with some hummus and pita chips or veggies?? I’m totally doing that next time!
Greek Tuna Salad Wraps Recipe
Here’s the full recipe — if you aren’t ready to make this yet, because to save it to one of your recipe boards on Pinterest.Print
Greek Tuna Salad Wrap Recipe
This no-mayo Greek Tuna Salad Wraps recipe features Greek yogurt, kalamata olives, feta cheese, and more for a healthy lunch that you’ll want everyday!
- Category: Sandwiches
- Cuisine: American
- 1 in can chunk light tuna water (6 ounces, drained well)
- 1 tablespoon finely diced onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons crumbled Feta cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 tortillas or wraps (about 9″ diameter)
- leaves Baby spinach or mixed greens
- Sliced tomatoes
- In a small bowl, combine tuna, onion, olives, feta, lemon juice, and yogurt. Taste and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Place a handful of spinach or mixed greens in a line in the middle of the tortilla or wrap. Top with a couple tomato slices. Top tomatoes with half of the tuna mixture. Fold ends in and roll up to enclose all of the tuna salad within the tortilla or wrap. Repeat with remaining tortilla/wrap. Cut in half and serve.
Keywords: canned tuna, tortilla, easy recipe, feta cheese, kalamata olives, greek yogurt, tomatoes,