Saran Wrap Ball Game is a popular game to play with your family and friends during the holiday season. Here we will show you how to play this game with adults!
This post contains affiliate links that may earn us compensation. Click here to read our full disclosure policy.
Saran Wrap Ball Game is my family’s favorite game to play on Christmas Eve! My husband and I don’t play but we still have tons of fun watching our adult kids battle to win the most prizes. We also love picking and buying all the treats inside the ball.
Here I’m going to tell you ideas of what treats you can add to the ball, how to make the Saran Wrap Ball, and how to play the game!
What you need for the Saran Wrap Ball:
- Saran Plastic Wrap
- Different prizes (We listed ideas below)
- Dice (you will need two)
- Oven Mitts (We don’t use them with our version but it is another way to make it a challenge)
Prize ideas for the Saran Wrap Ball:
- Cash: We normally stick between $20 to $50. The middle will have the most. In the past, we have done a $10 bill or a $20 bill and we spread the rest of the money throughout the ball. In 2023, we didn’t do a cast in the middle. We added a Visa Gift Card for $25.
- Gift Cards: Other than the Visa gift card that we talked about above, we love to put a couple of different cards in there. In the past, we have added Target, Amazon, and fast food restaurants like Sonic Drive-in, Subway, and Burger King. We have even put in our kids’ favorite grocery store, Trader Joe’s. We stay between $5 and $10 with each card.
- Lotto Tickets or/and Scratch-off tickets: We love getting Christmas-themed Scratch-off tickets!
- Gum/Mints: Our kids love mints and gum so we look for unique flavors and funny packaging like Simply Gum or Ugly Sweaters Mint.
- Candy: Our kids love candy so we get a mix of their favorites and unique ones like these Sour Candy Belts, Nerds Gummy Clusters, and Jelly Beans.
- Lip Balms: You can do Christmas scents or stick with the classics. Here are some of our favorites: ChapStick, Bert’s Bees, and Eos.
- Mini Liquor Bottles: There are all different kinds of mini bottles out there. We get a couple of different kinds like Peppermint Schnapps, Fireball, and Tequila.
- Mini Hand Sanitizers: These hand sanitizers come with a holder! They are perfect for wrapping up in the ball!
How to make the Saran Wrap Ball:
The first step is to wrap the highest-value item with saran wrap. We normally add a $20 bill and fold it into a square. We wrap it up pretty well because it is the last step; We want it to be a challenge to get to the big prize.
The second step is wrapping the different prizes with a couple of layers of plastic wrap. We love to mix the prizes so we will wrap one candy in the ball and the next will be a lotto ticket. Mixing up the prizes will help everyone to get a chance to win small and big prizes.
The best way to keep the game going is to tear the saran wrap after adding a couple of the prizes and wrap it again in a different area of the ball. This will challenge the players to find the new end of the saran wrap.
How to play the Saran Wrap Ball Game:
The first step is picking who will go first. Our kids normally roll one of the dice and whoever gets the lowest number goes first. After the winner of that is picked, we go clockwise. You could also let the youngest person go first or someone who is not playing pick a number.
The second step is giving the person who is going first, the dice. As soon as everyone is ready, the person with the ball will unwrap it as fast as they can and the person with the dice will roll them until they get matching numbers. As soon as they get the matching numbers, they give the dice to the next person and they get their turn on the ball.
As they unwrap the ball, different prizes will fall out and that person gets to keep them. That is why it’s important to put enough prizes so everyone will leave with a couple of goodies.
The game will keep going until someone gets the big prize in the middle. This game is fast paced and with my family, we are done with the ball within ten minutes.
There is another popular way of playing this game is by having the person unwrapping the ball wearing oven mitts. Our family doesn’t do this way but if you are looking for another way to make it more challenging and make the game last longer.