Tropical Toffee Brittle might not be your first thought for a Christmas candy, but who says we have to follow the usual rules? Brighten up your cold winter with tropical flavors.
After I finished making my Tropical White Chocolate Chip Cookies last week, I found myself with leftover macadamia nuts, coconut, and dried pineapples. Woe is me…it’s such a hard predicament to be in. At first, I considered making another batch of the cookies, but then I started turning my thoughts towards candies.
hmmm, what a weird shape for my brittle…what state does it look like?
Toffee or brittles are pretty much my top favorite Christmas candies and that had me wondering — would it work to combine the leftover macadamia nuts, pineapple and coconut into a brittle?
Well, I gave it a shot and it turned out just as wonderful as I had hoped. A sweet, crunchy candy with pops of pineapple peeking through and greeting you as you take a bite. David has now declared it to be his new favorite, which, let’s be honest, it’s not hard for me to make something with coconut and pineapple and have it be his new favorite. I think don’t think he’ll ever get tired of that combo.Print
Visit all the other Christmas Week Peeps for more Holiday Baking Goodness:
- How To Make Perfect Gingerbread People by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Cobbler by Juanita’s Cocina
- S’mores Fudge by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cherry Noir Noel by Noshing With The Nolands
- Japanese Blondies by Ninja Baking
- Peanut Brittle by Food Lust People Love
- Elf Nibbles by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Cheesecake Chocolate Chip Cookies with Salted Caramel by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Gingerbread Men Cookies by Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Mint Chocolate Chip Sugar Cookie Bars by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Penuche by Cooking In Stilettos
- Triple Orange Biscotti by Liv Life
- Homemade Caramels by Jen’s Favorite Cookies
- Kerstol (Dutch Christmas Bread) by The Dutch Baker’s Daughter
- Dark Chocolate Orange Ricotta Tart with Honey Almond Crust by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Tropical Toffee Brittle by Home Cooking Memories
- Chocolate Raspberry Linzer Cookies by Pineapple and Coconut
- Lemon-Pistachio and White Chocolate Biscotti by The Little Ferraro Kitchen